chapter 5

ps: This chapter is for Sanakrea329 for being the first to comment and follow me. thank you Sanakrea329 for liking my story.

Chapter 5: Reunions

PERCY POV

"Hey Pinecone Face. Been awhile huh?" I was abruptly tackled into a tearful hug after I said that. Thalia was a wreck for all of 5 minutes. I hugged her and apologized, rubbing soothing circles on her back as I did so. The hunters didn't appreciate that much. After Thalia was done crying and let go of me, her face shifted and I knew I was in deep shit.

*SMACK* I received an electrical slap to the face making me stumble back. " ALMOST 5 YEARS?! NOT A SINGLE GODS DAMNED IRIS MESSAGE PERCY?! YOU FUCKING KELP-HEAD!" she screamed at me while she punched me in the gut. The hunters snickered while I doubled over trying to catch my breath. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE?! WHAT ABOUT ANNABETH?!"

I flinched at the mention of her and it didn't go unnoticed by Thalia as her anger shifted to confusion. Luckily Artemis saved me from explaining, "Alright hunters. Now that you've met our guardian, it's time for breakfast. Perseus, you're cooking." She smirked at me as we all made our way to the food tent. Thalia gave me a glare that said 'We're talking later.' I gave her a sad smile and walked after them.

After they were all seated, staring at me expectantly I asked, "So what does everyone want?" They all shouted out their orders, rather incoherently, but I shut them all up by summoning a huge buffet of bacon, eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes, waffles, and orange juice. "What the hell Kelp-Head?" Thalia spoke out, breaking the silence.

I rubbed my neck sheepishly and said, "Before I disappeared, Hestia kinda made me her champion." Thalia stared at me in disbelief, Estelle dove in immediately while the rest of the hunters eyed the food skeptically. "I swear on the Styx I haven't tampered with the food in any way, shape, or form," I sighed. Phoebe tentatively took a bite and melted at the flavor. The remainder of the hunters followed suit enjoying their meal.

"Perseus?" Artemis asked me. "Why are the pancakes and waffles blue?" I chuckled at her question which confused her. Estelle spoke up for me, "Mommy used to make him blue food all the time because it's his favorite color!" then she dove back into her plate. "Lady Hera?" one of the hunters asked and I shook my head. "No, mine and Estelle's mortal mother." Thalia spoke up after I explained, "Gods I love Sally! How is she?" Estelle stopped eating and put her head down and I froze at the question.

I turned to Artemis, "May I take my leave to set up mine and Estelle's tent milady?" She nodded swiftly and I turned to go about setting up our home for the foreseeable future, not even looking at Thalia.

3RD PERSON POV

"What was that all about?" Thalia asked confused. Artemis just shook her head softly and said, "It is not my place to tell you. Just give him time. He will tell you when he's ready." Thalia looked even more confused, but reluctantly nodded as they finished up breakfast.

Artemis sent a mental message to Percy to report to her tent after he set up his own. He set the tent up away from the other hunters as to not make them any more uncomfortable than they already were with his very existence. Inside the tent, 2 cots were set up along with two desks and enough room on the floor in case a third person wanted to set up a sleeping bag.

ARTEMIS POV

I heard a knock on my tent and I called for them to come in. Perseus moved the flap and entered where I gestured to a chair for him to sit. "What can I do for you Lady Artemis?" he inquired, and I pulled out a list of his chores to be done. "I have a list of your chores you will be tasked with during your stay here." He grumbled slightly, but nodded as I continued.