Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The Destroyer

3RD PERSON POV

The next day was infuriating for Theo. Still no sign of Perses or Kampe and the forces. No word from Lupa. Luckily, this was almost met by no other ambushes on the Hunt on their way to Camp Jupiter. Theo spent his day as he did previous to the Hunt: hunting, training, and surveying. By this point, he had a fairly detailed plan depending on where the force camped.

Another lonely campfire and the morning came. Artemis and the Hunt notified him that he was to meet them at Caldecott Tunnel to rendezvous before entering the camp and so he did.

"Anything?" Artemis asked when they met. "Nothing. It's putting me on edge," Theo answered honestly. "But let's not worry for now. I have a praetor or two to reconnect with," he said with a slight smile. They made their way to the camp and New Rome, but were stopped by Terminus per tradition. However, with Diana (she switched to her Roman aspect to avoid conflict) they needed not to relinquish their weapons.

"Lady Diana," Frank greeted her as they approached the Senate building. "Praetor Zhang," she greeted back cordially. "It is a pleasure to have you and the Hunt in New Rome again, but I don't imagine it is under leisurely circumstances," Frank said. "I'm afraid not. Please call for the Senate. We have much to discuss," Diana addressed quickly.

Once in the Senate, side conversations were about as Diana and the Hunt made themselves comfortable, but the topic of the conversations weren't them. They were of the blonde haired man traveling with them. The Romans had learned of the Guardian, but seeing him in person was something else.

"Let the Senate commence," Frank announced in the presence of Reyna and Hazel as well as the other Romans. "We have come to aid with an attack we believe to be coming. Tartarus has sent Kampe and the Titan of Destruction, Perses to lead a force against the camp," Diana spoke and the murmuring broke out. "Lady Diana, how do you know of this attack?" Reyna asked. "Our Guardian has perceived it in a dream nearly a week ago and has been scouting the area around your camp and New Rome for any threats for the last three days," Diana answered coolly.

"How has he been scouting? Our sentries would have been alerted of his presence," Reyna spoke, her interest now locked solely on the Guardian. "A lot has changed in my absence Praetor Reyna. I'm no longer the same Roman I was before," Theo stated void of emotion. "You were Roman?" Frank asked, his interest now peaked too.

"That hurts, nephew. I would have thought you'd remember me," Theo said as he rolled up his sleeve to reveal the SPQR tattoo with the mark of Neptune and four strikes of service. Reyna, Frank, and Hazel gasped and the murmuring broke out again. "P-Percy?" Hazel managed to get out. Theo then flashed his eyes to their normal sea-green, revealing his identity. "Long time no see, guys," Theo said with a shit-eating grin.

"Now, I have had a vision of Tartarus and Kampe and Perses are likely to be dispatched here. We need to boost defenses and patrols. I have surveyed the area and have marked the areas they are likely to house what I presume to be a large force to decimate camp. I will continue my scouting to determine the location," Theo called out earning a nod from the Romans present.

The Senate meeting ended with the finalizing of the plans and everyone left, except Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Diana, and Thalia. Before they could say anything, Theo changed his appearance back to 'Percy' and was abruptly tackled into a hug by Hazel. "It's so good to see you, Perce. Where have you been?" she said and Percy hugged her back. He gave Frank a big man hug and a gentle one to Reyna as well.

"Annabeth was worried sick about you!" Hazel said and Percy tensed at the mention of her name. Closure was nice, sure. But those wounds to his heart hadn't vanished completely. Percy sighed a dove into his story for the nth time and earned another hug from Hazel and a clap on the back from Frank. "You are always welcome here, but I understand needing a break," Reyna said finally and Percy gratefully nodded.