chapter 12

Author Note: sorry I haven't updated in a few weeks I took a week to build wheelchair ramps and I took a week to get over the death of Technoblade.

Chapter 12: Closure

ANNABETH POV

I can't believe it. Percy is Theo. I feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner. And I call him a "Seaweed Brain". My Seaweed Brain.

He's been in the infirmary at camp unconscious for the past three days and I'm worried. Apollo said he had lost a lot of blood and finally stabilized him after an hour of work with help from Will. I've checked on him a few times, but he's never alone. I can't even be at his bedside. There's always a hunter or camper there. 'I wonder if they're not letting me be alone with him,' I thought.

"Hey Annie," I turned to see Thalia approach me. "Hey Thals. How is he?" I asked, seeing as he has been the only thing on my mind the past three days. "He's still out, but he'll be fine. He's a stubborn Kelp-Head after all," she said and I smiled softly. After a brief silence, I finally asked the burning question on my mind.

"Where did he go? Why did he leave? And why didn't he tell anyone?" Okay, questions; plural, but you get the point. Thalia let out a hefty sigh, "Not my place to tell, but since everyone knows he's back, I'm sure you'll find out when he wakes up." I wanted to press her for answers, but after knowing her for so long, I knew she wouldn't budge.

"Why did you accept the offer?" Thalia asked after another pause in the conversation. I had a faraway look in my eyes as I answered, "I had enough. Two prophecies, two wars, all the losses. Tartarus. Accepting was a way to get away from it all. I had thought Percy would have had enough. No, I knew he had had enough of it."

"Annabeth. You knew better than anyone that he wouldn't accept. Gods, he wouldn't shut up about settling down with you," Thalia countered and I looked at her. She wasn't mad. She was a little sad, sure, but I could see mostly disappointment in her eyes. 'Gods, I'd rather her be furious at me.'

As if reading my mind, she said, "I'm not upset. A little disappointed, sure, and definitely surprised. But I couldn't be mad." I let out another sigh. "D-Do you think that we could still make it work? I mean he has partial immortality still! He's done the impossible so many times, the only 'impossible' thing for him left to do is die, but I don't think that even he could do that correctly," I said with hope in my voice.

"I really don't know, Annie. He almost died from Echidna and the Chimera and again against Hyperion. He was hurting bad when he left," she answered truthfully. "When he's ready he'll talk. Just give him the time to recover and settle," she said finally and gave me a hug before leaving.

3RD PERSON POV

Percy certainly didn't have a shortage of visitors while he was unconscious. Thalia stayed the entire first night with him after he saved her life and future with the Hunt. Chiron came by a few times, along with Nico and the other of the Seven. The Hunt popped in at least once, their respect only growing for their Guardian after he saved both their Lady's and their lieutenant's lives. The little ones came everyday to check on him, but Estelle didn't leave his side. Chiron had to drag her away to make sure she ate.

The strangest visitor (at least to most) was Artemis. She checked on him twice everyday to see if there were any changes. She even changed his bandages a few times herself. She wouldn't let anyone but Thalia see it, but she was worried. Her Guardian. Her friend had saved her life yet again. And she feared for when he woke up and had to address those who had forgotten about him.

PERCY POV

~Dream Sequence~

'Yay another dream' though I was completely sarcastic.