chapter 18

Chapter 18: Scarred

3RD PERSON POV

The last three years of Percy's life have been an absolute hell. Literally. Well the last decade in the Pit has been hell. The first seven of which he was physically tortured every single day for hours. There wasn't a single place on his body that didn't house a fresh cut or an old scar. The one he hated the most was the "K" on the right side of his chest. A curse from his grandfather, Kronos, only allowing him three hours of nightmare infested sleep for the rest of his days.

The last three years were worse, if that was even possible. They gave him some sort of potion that knocked him out, but when he awoke, all the tortures were on his mind. Every single monster that came in, looked like a loved one and he couldn't control it or break free from it. He was beaten and cut up by the Seven, by Annabeth, by the Hunt, by his dead parents; all of them.

He knew it wasn't real, but they had broken him enough. He stayed silent. Immune to the physical pain, he didn't scream. But this time around, he had no sarcastic or witty remarks to be made. He just sat there, chained to the wall and accepted the punishment of his "family and friends". Kronos laughed maniacally the entire time it occured.

Polybotes had his fun with him by simulating drowning. How do you simulate frowning for a Son of Poseidon you ask? You strap him to a water board with Celestial Bronze cuffs and cover his face with a towel woven with Celestial Bronze threads and pour water over him. That sucked the worst in Percy's opinion. They knew that was his fear and exploited it, but he refused to give the water that hold over him. This was the monsters doing this, the water is just a tool for them; he wouldn't blame or be afraid of it. He would make it a tool for him.

Then came the faithful day at the start of his decade.

PERCY POV

'An entire decade down here. They can't have attacked the Gods yet, they either would've moved me or killed me by now,' I thought as I dangled from my chains. The last decade had been rough, but the mental torture was far worse. Seeing my friends and family cut me up and curse at me sucked. I knew it wasn't real, but it had done its damage. I would hesitate now whenever I saw them. I knew. They knew it. I hated it. They loved it.

I was dangling from my chains when Kronos and Polybotes came in and Polybotes was holding something. I knew it was whatever they gave me messing with me, but it was a repeat of the scene before I went willingly: Polybotes had a knife at my little sister's throat.

'That's NOT Estelle. They're baiting you!,' one part of my brain argued. 'Let them bait. Pretend that's our little star and use the rage to get out of here,' another part countered. 'Polybotes' blood is similar to ours even if he is anti-Poseidon. You'll have to act quick but let the rage fuel you and break out of here,' the darker part of my brain argued again.

I growled lowly at the sight before me. "Awh, little hero gonna save his little sister?" Polybotes cooed at me and I snarled louder. "Give it up, Grandson. She's going to die just like the rest of them. You failed," Kronos said and I started shaking but focused on Polybotes' blood flowing through his veins.

He made the motion and slit "my sister's" throat and I blacked out. Not in the traditional sense, but that someone else was controlling my body. With a primal yell, my head raised toward the ceiling and then to Polybotes who went rigid. I made him slowly raise his knife to Kronos. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU FOO-" Kronos began but was silenced by the knife through his throat and brain.

With another primal yell, I boiled Polybotes blood in his veins. He screamed in terrible agony as his blood continued to boil. "This isn't enough to stop me you fucking Sea Spawn!" he bellowed and I froze his blood. I used the ichor from Kronos and formed it over my cuffs and froze it. With a mighty pull and another yell, the cuffs snapped and I collapsed to the floor. I coughed up blood and slowly rose to my feet.