chapter 7

Chapter 7: Revelations and New Enemies

3RD PERSON POV

It has been 3 months since Percy and Estelle joined the hunt, and things had set into a rather mundane routine. Estelle had continued to train with her bow nearly everyday, becoming more active in the hunts as a result of her training. She also began getting lessons from one of the hunters and daughter of Athena, Emily. Percy had requested that Estelle should still learn as much as she was able to even without going to school.

Estelle was still hardly 6 years old, but the daughter of Athena didn't care and imparted as much knowledge as she could handle upon her. Percy tended to his chores like usual, often the punchline of relatively harmless pranks from the Hunt, and generally enjoying his time with them. It was mostly just the older hunters that respected him. The younger ones he rescued saw him as their big brother, but the hunters in between treated him with indifference. Respectful sure, but there weren't many moments they joked around or interacted at all other than training and telling him what they wanted to eat.

Percy's relationship with Thalia and Artemis had become even stronger. He and Thalia were closer than that had ever been, constantly joking with one another and even pulling off some pranks together. He and Artemis had developed a friendship quiet unlike any other. They shared their thoughts on training and hunting, and casually joked around. Percy still took her threats very seriously given her track record, but overall he enjoyed being around her. And even though Artemis wouldn't admit it to anyone but herself, she enjoyed being around him too.

They had just finished lunch when they got a visit from an unexpected god.

APOLLO POV

I discovered one of my daughters was being abused by her uncle recently. Her mother had passed from cancer a few months back and I felt terrible about it. 'Some God of Medicine I am. These gods damned Ancient Laws,' I thought bitterly. She had been sent to her uncle, who seemed like a good enough guy at the time.

'Mortals. Medical bills pile up and they decide to take out their stress on anyone they deem beneath them. Though, I suppose some gods aren't any better,' I thought sadly at the realization. Regardless, I flashed to Artemis's Hunt immediately after finding out about my daughter's unfortunate fate to utilize their Guardian.

I appeared right outside of Artemis's tent to the sound of laughter inside. 'Artemis? Laughing?,' I thought quickly before brushing it off and walking inside. 'Wow. Laughing with a male. Granted it's Percy, but still,' I wondered what had happened in the 3 short months of him being here.

"Hey baby sis!" I addressed her cheerfully only to receive an arrow at my feet. "I am older than you Apollo! What are you even doing here?" The smile on her face replaced immediately with a scowl. I noticed Percy trying not to laugh and I continued, "Oh come on Arty! Don't be like that."

"Arty?" Percy said with an eyebrow raised and a mischievous smirk that would rival Hermes. "Don't. You. Dare." Artemis said through gritted teeth and Percy turned white. I chuckled at the two of them wondering how they had gotten so close. "I'm here on business Artemis. Don't worry, I won't even talk to the Hunt." I said turning to Percy, "Just Percy here."

"What can I do for you Lord Apollo?" Percy asked, making me cringe. "Please cousin, just call me Apollo," I told him, not being a fan of honorifics. "My daughter is in an abusive household and I would like you to fetch her and bring her to the hunt," I told him, receiving a growl from both him and Artemis. "She's in Orlando. Take this charm and it will lead you to her. Please contact me when you return." I handed him the charm and flashed out.

ARTEMIS POV

'It's rare to see Apollo actually acting like a father, but I guess it can't be helped given the circumstances,' I wondered. I was also surprised to hear Perseus growl when Apollo told him about the abusive home life. 'I wonder if that has to do with the soft spot he mentioned months one way to find out.'