chapter 10

A.N. I'm sorry I have not updated in some time it's just that i share a computer with my sister and she use it most of the time.

Chapter 10: Secret Agent Man

THEO POV

I shifted my appearance from 'Percy' and went to gather my supplies. Combat boots, black cargo pants that housed ambrosia and nectar if need be, dark sea-green t-shirt, my black coat with hood. My mom and patron hooked it up with some new threads. On the back of my coat was a large silver crescent moon. On the front over the heart was a peacock sitting in the flames of the hearth like a phoenix would. On the right shoulder was a trident. That way all the gods I have ties with are represented.

Artemis left for her chariot after dinner and some of the Hunt came to find me and wish me luck. My littles ones all hugged me and told me to be safe. The older hunters that didn't interact with me much all gave me a swift nod. 'Glad to see our relationship is getting better,' I thought as Thalia, Phoebe, and Atalanta found me. "Stay safe out there Kelp-Head," Thalia said and gave me a fist bump. "Yeah, we wouldn't wanna have to cook our meals anymore," Phoebe and Atalanta teased. "Of course not, I have to do everything for you little girls around here," I replied back to earn playful slaps to the shoulders and back of the head.

"Seriously Perce, be careful," Thalia added one last time. I smiled at her, "I will, but it's 'Theo' in this form." She just rolled her eyes at me. Shortly after I went off to train until Artemis returned. I mainly focused on my archery and knife throwing, as it was more useful for these stealth missions. I also practiced my vapor traveling with objects, trying to simulate a monster if I need to take them out one at a time.

After about two hours of training and another hour of meditating, Artemis returned. 'Come to my tent Percy,' I heard in my head and fire traveled there. "Are you ready to go?" Artemis asked me, and I nodded before speaking, "Yes. I am going to hold off on eliminating any of the forces tonight, but if there is a group following us, they cause me more worry." Artemis sighed at this and said, "I know Percy, just be cautious tonight. If they're really leading us and they know about you then..." As she trailed off, I went to her side and grabbed her hand.

"I know, but knowing about me and being able to stop me are two different things. I'll be fine Artemis." I said reassuring her. She didn't seem to mind so much that I grabbed her hand, but it didn't last long. 'Just a friendly and reassuring hand hold that's all,' I thought as she sighed again.

"Just be careful Percy," she finished sternly. I smiled and chuckled, "Oh come on Arty! When have I not been careful? Besides, it's 'Theo' in this form." She caved in and smiled slightly, "Do you actually want me to answer that?" I laughed at myself with her and gave her one last half-bow, "I'll see you in the morning Milady," and flashed out in a column of fire.

I reappeared about 20 miles to the east of camp and climbed to a tall tree. I saw a bustling city in the distance further east. 'New Orleans,' I thought before I pressed my senses out to the surrounding area. During the two and a half weeks since my mission, I've been branching out about 20-30 miles at a time from the camp.

As luck would have it, I sensed a gathering of monsters about a mile from my position to the southwest. I stayed in the trees as I approached the encampment and listened. Most of it was idle chatter between cyclops, hyperborians, dracnae, empousai, and the like. Some telekines and hellhounds were present, but nothing to write home about.

I circled the camp several times to take a headcount of their numbers and composition. 'About 150 of them. That's not great, but manageable. I'll have to survey the area between here and the camp to see where they'll likely strike,' I thought as I quickly left.