~15. Tiger

A/N: I've been having a rough week and I couldn't even focus on writing.

By the way, I am using my insta acc @ catesslave, for random things about my stories now. I've posted two photo collages, about Vee (which is up there^) and Cate on there. I might even create some about chapters, before I uploaded the actual one. So if you're interested feel free to have a look.

Enjoy reading<3

Stay healthy and kind🌷🧚🏻‍♀️

~E

———-

⚠️Tw:mention of sh, sh⚠️

Will it ever stop? My eyes were like in trance. As if a spell caused them to stare onto the screen of my phone, re-reading the recent texts over and over.

unknown: you didn't think I would leave this, did you babe?

unknown: watch out

There may stand 'unknown', but that person was far away from being unknown.

She was close.

I was after all safe, wasn't I? Stone walls surrounded me, at any time. I was protected. Cate was here. She would be here, although I kept my distance-

The blonde, next to me, smirked and joked. "Are you hiding something?"

My heartbeat doubled its pace. The air stopped midway in my throat, forcing me to swallow it again.

"No." I coaxed out, in the most convincing way, I was able to act in the very moment. A smile forcefully painted onto my face, as I started laughing hysterically.

I watched whilst Cate's mouth slowly turned into a faint curve. She really shouldn't suspect anything. This would freak her the hell out.

Roaming around my view, I searched for a distraction. There it was. Eyeing the phone case beneath slender fingers, I caught a smirk washing over her lips.

"Where is that from?" My question was sudden, full of hope to change the topic.

The woman turned her phone towards me, before handing it to me completely. She had printed out the photo, which the blonde had taken, when we were outside. Yet, as I overviewed it more closely, I noticed, how both of Cate's arms were slung around my body. Edith was the one, who took the picture. I remembered, how the girl desperately wanted to take pictures.

Now, I was part of her phone case. I was right there. Next to her children. "I want to have you close all the time." Tender fingertips drew patterns on my bare thigh. "Although, I prefer to have you physically with me." It sounded hot and I knew what she was referring to, however my mind didn't allow me to think about sex or about any seductive thought.

For a little moment longer, I allowed Cate's hand to slip higher. I couldn't pull away, at least not immediately. The woman was so close, it became difficult for me to contain my regular breathing pace. Her hand roamed my body, before her lips planted gentle smooches on my jaw. Heaven.

This touch was calming.

It was always Cate who managed to bring me back to reality, but I couldn't let her do this. I couldn't allow the woman to calm me, when I knew there was my ex-girlfriend who would very much enjoy to get closer to me. Yet, she wasn't too close, but what if she knew where I was? Did she know it?

"Stop." My voice was quiet, but she heard it. "Please." Without a second of hesitation, Cate interrupted her actions. "I'm sorry.." My brows knitted, whilst I squinted my eyes.