~22. Plans.~

A/n: holy shit, it took me ages to write this—

However, enjoy reading:)

Stay healthy and kind💗🌷🧚🏻‍♀️

Love<3

———

How long does it take for a piece of metal to warm up, when it touches your skin?

I surely ain't no physics genius, but the new addition to my jewelry collection immediately had a special place in my heart. Since I haven't worn rings in a long —very long time— the jewelry felt a bit odd at first. One normally isn't wearing a ring on the finger it's named after. -well, no, but yes? Two days had passed and I couldn't cope with how immensely joyful I felt.

So, my gaze is sticking to my hand. Glued to the view and robbed of my own breath. As if the ring and its tiny details have always been a necessity to my hand —my body. It belonged to me, like I did to Cate. A promise.

"Helloooo? Seriously, you can't let me talk to myself for such a long time! I'll go insane Vroni!" Sarah whined on the other side of the phone, causing me to shake off my train of thoughts.

My fingers wrapped around my phone, taking it closer to my mouth, when suddenly a message popped up on my screen.

A number. Unknown.

My blood went cold.

No. No. No. No. No.

This could not be. No.

She was gone.

She left me alone. There was no reason for her to come back.

"Earth to Blanket's slave. Hello-" I shook my head and decided to leave it for a moment. This might not even be real. Forcing myself to swallow the lump, along with all the worries, I straightened my back. A slight ache pulling through the length of my spine.

"As if you aren't a maniac already." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, the internet is feasting on the news. Gosh, it's been two days and it hasn't cooled down yet."

"Cate Blanchett engaged." The actress read one of the articles topic's, letting me repeat my previous actions.

"..and girlfriend- as if we weren't working together and they knew my name." I cursed and smacked my tongue in disapproval of this silly topic. "This is ridiculous."

"You should accept your fiancés fame, sweetie."

"Oh shut up, Paulson!" My brows furrowed in frustration.

"Vroni Staple, calm down or you will stress my little niece or nephew!" Softly, I began to simper. The reminder of our family growing. More kids. Babies. These hormones..

"Your little niece or nephew, happen to be a niece and a nephew or another niece." I tried to talk around the word twins, knowing it was funnier this way.

There was silence.

Calm breathing reaching my ears. "What.. The. Fuck..." Small pauses, in which Sarah took and released breaths, were added to the end of every word. Trying to comprehend what I pronounced. "This is a joke, right— no! Shit! Fuck! I meant, that is amazing! Awesome! Two babies. -girls? Girl and boy?" Sarah wouldn't be Sarah, if she owned such thing as a filter. This woman would just spill her thoughts. "Sweet pea," She used Cate's new favorite nickname for me. "I didn't intend to sound disapproving of any kind. It's just.. surprising."

Unhurriedly, a grin fell upon my mouth, curling the edges of it upwards. Muffled the woman kept apologizing, although I didn't take it in a mean way, but there was no need for Sarah to know it already. It was fun to see, or more hear her struggle.