~20. Moody lady and lunch.~

*Cate's POV*

"Honey, you look marvelous, now common." I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me into the building, interrupting her wild attempts on smoothing her hair out.

An older smell touched my nose and a moist wrapped around our bodies.

"She's your stylist. I don't want to look like a total disaster!" Vera's complaint echoed through the staircase of Morag's house.

"You never look like a disaster and see she is my stylist, means Morag has seen me at three in the morning." At this statement, she groaned out annoyed.

"Cate, you have to say that, because you love me."

"I don't have to say anything, angel." I tried to save the situation.

Without success, because apparently I made it worse.

"So, you don't want to say it, is it that?" Wow, we are quite a bit moody, are we?

I decided to drop the topic, to allow Vee to calm down.

There was no need to cause her any more stress. Especially now that I know she is pregnant. No pregnant person should be stressed.

It was the main reason of my complications.

Jesus, I can't quite believe she is pregnant. After we tried it for a year, without seeming to reach our expectations, I lost the goal out of sight.

It was random, that we decided to start trying anyway. It was shortly after Dashiel moved in with his girlfriend and Roman went to boarding school, along with Iggy. The house was so empty, now that only we girls were there, that I threw the idea into the room. It was more of a drunk confession, that I wanted more kids and Vera was immediately on board.

Somehow we tend to do a lot of things after we drink. Our first kiss happened that way, though she can't remember a thing.

I had asked the boys what they were thinking about another sibling and they were totally unbothered by it, which was in some way exactly what I expected and in another a bit disappointing.

Edith was totally fond of the idea of being a big sister. At least one child.

A tormenting look was thrown at me, as the brunette and I stood at the front door to Morag's apartment, waiting for her to open the door, after our knocks. "You look beautiful. Everything will be fine."

When the last letter slipped over my lips, the door was opened and revealed her. "Oh Cate! You are aging like fine wine." My stylist beamed and embraced me in a welcoming short hug, before her eyes land on Vee.

"You have to be the lovely girlfriend! I've been hearing about so much. Oi, you haven't told me how wonderful she is looking."

"Breathtaking." I corrected Morag.

"That's true. Well, come in!" She invited us cheerfully. "Can I offer you anything? Water? Tea? Coffee? Or something stronger?" The woman laughed, whilst walking off.

Emerald eyes stared at me and there was much more joy behind them now, making me smile in relief. I took Vera's thick coat and hung it along with mine onto the empty coat hook, next to Morag's.

"She doesn't think I'm a disaster." My brows knitted, as I touched both her shoulders.

"Love, you never were and never are. I will tell you this until you believe me. Alright?" I tilted my head.

"I love you."

"I love you more." The smaller woman rolled her eyes.

"That's impossible." She whispered and locked our arms, so I could give her safety in the new environment.