Chapter 12: Instant coffee

(A/n: wrote this while sleepy so there might be mistakes.)

2.5k words

---

'What does hell look like?' Thought Khun with eyes dead as fish.

They will be dying because of some idiot alligator. He would have never thought that he would die like this even in million years.

The both of them got into a quarrel.

"This is not something you solve with your bullshit instinct, you dumbass!!!"

"Then what!? What were you going to do!? Do you even have a good solution!? There are no clues!! What are you searching for!?"

"We're not even sure if there are no clues!! So wh-"

"Then did you find one!? Did you find it-"

*Smack!* ×2

*Thud!* ×2

Before they even continue, a red hair smacked them in the head as they fall to the ground at the same time with a thud.

"Stop making this more complicated, you two idiots." Said Kai as Khun was about to complain to him before he cut him off. Rak also tries to comically attack him for smacking him but he just gave him a dozen of chocolates as a bribe before Rak instantly munched it and stopped annoying him.

"You-"

"I remembered your 2nd flaw now." He said as he gave him his hand for help.

"Huh?" Khun doesn't know why he needs to bring out his flaws with their current predicament but he is still willing to listen. It would not hurt to know your flaws before dying after all.

Khun then grabs his hand and pulled it with force as Kai tumbled to the ground head first.

*oof!*

Kai falling to the floor head first created a web-like crack on the floor much to Hansung yu's annoyance. Looks like he will need to ask Neon dude to repair the floor or else someone might trip because of it.

Khun then stands up by himself before looking at Kai as he extended his hand to him the way he did.

Kai got annoyed a little before grabbing it and standing with its help. After standing up and rubbing his head a little, he spoke.

"You don't trust anyone." Said Kai as he looked at Khun's eyes.

He also got betrayed a number of times so he can also tell if someone has gone through the same experience. The instant moment that he looked into Khun's eyes, he instantly knew that this man has gone through some much worse life moments than him. Of course, Kai would also count that maybe this man is just overly dramatic or something. Maybe he got dumped by his girlfriend and decided to not trust anyone anymore...

Kai then continued.

"I don't know what happened to you in the past nor do I care but I would tell you this now that we're in the early stages of the tower:" Kai said as he seriously looked into his blue eyes with his heterochromia one.

Even Khun got a little daze from looking at his golden and red eyes.

"If you can't also trust us as your team mates or allies, then it's better if you just say it to us directly. It's much better if we just separate here than be in trouble when the time comes that you decided to do everything alone because of your trust issues." He said those without any hint of his normal(?) attitude that Khun and Rak wondered if it's really him who is speaking.

Hearing him, Khun felt like he is splashed by cold water in the face as his thoughts became clear. This already happened to him the second time. And the first one also happened to be him also mentioning a flaw of him. He got irritated by it a little since those realisations literally came from an idiot battle maniac but he will still consider it nonetheless.