10 • bucky's return

STEVE'S HOUSE
SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2021
SENIOR YEAR

"BUCKY!" Steve yelled as he opened the door.

It had been a little under two weeks since Steve has seen Bucky because of his vacation back to Romania. Steve and Natasha were still going strong, 3 weeks in. It felt like they were so fit for each other.

"Hey Buddy." Bucky pulled Steve into a hug. Steve looked over his shoulder, only to see Wanda in the front seat if his car. Wanda and Bucky were definitely a good couple. They always made room for each other and were their top priorities. The boys pulled away and Steve gave a a little nod to Wanda to get out of the car. Bucky didn't come over with Wanda.

"Alright, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to my best bud" He said.

"Aw Buck thats so sweet!" Steve exclaimed in his usually cheery tone.

Bucky smiled and turned around only to find Wanda right behind him.

"Oh. My. God." He said. For a minute he just stand still in his spot. He hadn't seen Wanda the for the same amount of time he hadn't seen Steve.

"Hey James" Wanda had this weird habit of occasionally calling Bucky, James. Why? Even she couldn't tell you.

Bucky embraced her into his arms and gave her a peck on her cheek.

"I missed you, Doll" He whispered in her ear. She smiled and winked at Steve in a sign of thanking him. He mouthed 'No Problem' back at her.

Later on, they went inside. After Bucky went back to his car to get souvenirs, Natasha showed up. She had obviously just woke up a little while ago, wearing sweatpants and one of Steves bright red sweatshirt.

"Hi Nat!" Steve said, greeting her at the door with a peck on the cheek.

"Hi Steve" She said with a rather calm tone, unusually for her. Most of the time, she talks super fast and very riled up. But this time she was calm, a happy calm.

"Hello Romanoff."

"Oh Hi Bucky!"

"WAIT WHAT!" It took Natasha a moment to register what was happening, and who exactly was behind her.

"NAT!" Bucky embraced her with a warm hug, and Steve and Wanda looked at each other with smiles on their faces. Bucky and Natasha had been close friends for a while. Both had not great childhoods. Nick had told Clint and Natasha multiple times that they were in the same adoption home as Bucky, and they thought it was a myth until they realized it wasn't.

"Here you go Nat!" Bucky handed Natasha an adorable little locket, a picture of her and Steve, and Wanda, Bucky, Steve, and herself. She almost cried at the sight of it.

"Thank you Bucky. Its so pretty." she gave him another hug as he walked over to Steve.

"Steve, this is for you." He gave Steve a keychain with a Romanian flag. Attached, was a little sort of note. It read, This keychain has survived long with Romanias history. Care for it, soldier. Steve just looked at it up and down, and put it over the hook on his car keys and smiled at Bucky. Bucky made his way over to Wanda, who was smiling at him sitting on the couch. He sat next to her and handed her a small box wrapped in a light flowery paper with a pink bow. Wanda slowly unwrapped it, revealing a beautiful necklace.

"Wow, Bucky I.. I don't know what to say it's beautiful." Wanda looked at him, her eyes glossy.

"Im glad you think so. You see, my uncle who lives in Romania hand crafted that for me. Now, if you look on the back you will see something engraved." He smiled at her. Steve had his arms around Natasha and admiring how in love they were.

"Bucky."

"Yes?"

"This is too much" She lifted the necklace towards Natasha where she read, To my Doll, I love you. Natasha let out a sweet gasp and showed Steve. He just smiled.

"I love you too Bucky." Inside, Steve knew that Bucky had been planning to tell her he loved her for the first time today. But getting to witness it, was just remarkable. Natasha and Steve looked at each other, and then the couple. They shared a sweet kiss before Bucky clasped the necklace around her neck.

"Yay!" Natasha yelled as Steve clapped. They all laughed a bit longer, and then Bucky and Wanda were on their way out the door.

-------
Thats right. I'm back. I have been tremendously busy with school this year- if im going to be honest, I forgot to post. Sorry! I am back now though. I'm certainly open to many ideas if any has anything. Also, to my new readers, Welcome!