15 • how it started

A little time skip

OCTOBER 30TH, 2021
SCHOOL
SENIOR YEAR

"This past month has been bor - ING!" Wanda said as she walked down the hall with Natasha and Maria.

"Tell me about it!! The last football homegame is next week before playoffs too." Maria said, rummaging through her belongings.

As they approached the english classroom, Natasha noticed that there was no teacher in. For them, that was a very, very rare occurrence. All three girls walked in and were greeted by none other than Tony Stark himself, pretending to be a teacher at the front board.

"Maximoff. You're late. And you made these two late as well." Wanda laughed at Tony's professor impression and he stole Steves back- up glasses and pretended to push them up his face.

Wanda walked past him and slapped the back of his head as hard as she could while she sat down at her table.

"So Maria. Whats up with you and Sammy boy?" Natasha asked. Her manifestation with her friends relationships had been pretty dry lately. Steve had actually asked out Peggy, and no shocker she said yes. They went on a few dates, and about a week ago he asked her to be his girlfriend. Natasha was okay with the fact that Peggy and Steve were dating. It was probably for the best they both move on in a way. Sure, in the future if something brings Peggy and Steve apart she will slide in. But besides that, she was staying out of that. She had grown to love Peggy and her very shy personality. They made a good couple. Not much attention had been brought to Maria and Sam's bubbling romance.

"Uh we are okay." Maria looked down shyly. Maria was not shy, she was hiding something.

"You are dating aren't you!" Wanda screamed a bit too loud. Maria's head shot up as she gave Wanda wide eyes, who just shrieked quietly.

"Okay. Will you shut up and not say anything if I tell you and Nat?"

"Oo please do Maria Wilson." Natasha chuckled changing Maria's last name as if she took his.

"Well.. basically a few months ago he-"

"A FEW MONTHS AGO?!" Natasha looked at her in complete shock.

"Yes. Now shut up. A few months ago, like July, he came over to my house for our usual Friday night movie marathon that we have had for like 10 years and it just kinda happened."

[ flashback ]

"Hey Mar!" Sam walked in carrying a box of cookies and some Sprite and followed Maria down to the basement, waving hello to her parents going down.

"What are we watching tonight?" He said putting down the cookies and sitting down on the loveseat while Maria and her sister Macey sat on the couch.

"I was thinking we could watch that new Black Widow movie!" Maria said turning to both Macey and Sam. Sam agreed and Macey did too.

"Ill get popcorn, but I will probably go up halfway through and then finish on my own because of practice tomorrow morning." Macey was a year below Sam and Maria, a rising Junior. She was very close to Maria, as well as some of her friends like Natasha and Wanda. She was especially close to Sam, a person she could tell anything to and talk to at all times due to them being neighbors. His house was their house and their house was his house.

About exactly halfway through the movie Macey left to go upstairs and then most likely went to bed. It was around 10:00 pm and the movie still had about an hour and Maria invited Sam over to sit with her on the couch. He accepted and sat at the other end. It was pretty well known (not by Sam) that Maria had a thing for him. Based off what Steve had told her the other day, she was almost positive he felt the same. Sam was sitting up slightly with his legs straight out when Maria made her move. She climbed on top of him and put her head down on his chest as she listened to his heartbeat. He placed a small kiss on her head and she looked up.

"Sam I know this is gonna sound weird but I-"

"You like me? I know. I like you too. What are you doing Tuesday night?"

Maria smiled at his response and inched up to his face. This was probably the closest they had been. She gave him a sweet kiss and put her head back down for the remainder of the movie.

Since then, they had been on many dates and finally get the official titles of girlfriend and boyfriend.

[ end of flashback ]

"AWWW!" Wanda shrieked.

———
Heyyy! I feel like Maria and Sam needed more of a plot for their relationship lol.