17 • turkeys

time skip bc this needs to get rollin

NOVEMBER 21ST
GROCERY STORE
SENIOR YEAR

"STEVE! Get this one."  Two days. There were two days until everyone gathered at Natashas house for friendsgiving. But Mr Steven Rogers over here was struggling to try and even get a turkey. Since high school started, this had been their tradition. Twice a year they would have friendsgiving, one during the season, and one during May. They had to move the May one up this year because.. like you know graduation?

"Nat you are so bossy." Steve sighed and started to walk further with the cart down the aisle to fins stuffing. For the next two months, Peggy was going to be on a trip to visit family. She would travel around and then go back to visit family overseas. Steve would miss her, but he also missed hanging out every day with his new best friend Natasha. They certainly got over the dating feelings, but essentially there would always be some awkwardness with them. Who knows, maybe they would get back together.

"Steve, this one." He looked around, dazed and confused, until his phone rang.

"Hold on let me get this Nat." He nodded and walked down the aisle a little bit.

[ phone convo ]

"Hello? Is this Steve Rogers? QB for Shield High School in Florida?"

"Hi sir it is."

"Well Steve, I am calling on behalf of Alabama University and their football team, and we would like to say that kid, you got some talent! We were wondering in the next few weeks if you would like to come visit our campus and check out possible scholarships for you."

"Well, thank you! I will be looking forward to it."

"Alright Steve. Happy Thanksgiving, we will stay in touch."

[ end of call ]

Steves mouth was slightly open and he smiled as he walked back, running his hands through his hair nervously. They only really needed college decisions by April.

"What was that about?" Natasha asked while looking at her phone

"I just got a D1 offer from Alabama Uni." He said happily. Her head moved up swiftly and she walked to give him a hug.

"Im proud of you Steve. You have worked for it." She looked up and smiled at him, he shined like a little boy on Christmas morning.

"Oh yea, I got the turkey!" Natasha said proudly.

"Thats one big turkey" Steve laughed. They walked down the aisle to get ingredients for pie, some other deserts, and decided this year their surprise was going to be Oreos with chocolate and add M&Ms to make them look like turkeys. Wanda always brought stuffing, and Pepper mostly made things like cranberry sauce, casserole, and gravy.

This Friendsgiving would certainly be an interesting one.