18 • thanksgiving

NOVEMBER 23RD, 2021
NATASHAS HOUSE
SENIOR YEAR

Ring. Steve pressed the doorbell to Natashas home rather obnoxiously. He was very excited. This would be the first friendsgiving they all could attend, due to Loki, Thor, Valkyrie, and Carol all there.

Steve was especially excited to talk to Thor and Loki about their travels and who is next in line to get the thrown.

"Oh Hi Steve" Natasha smiled, she was wearing an apron and pajamas. Unlike Natasha, Steve was wearing a blue sweater with a white button up underneath and kahkis.

"Hi Nat." He looked rather sad, a very non- Steve like behavior.

"Oh Steve, come in whats wrong!" She lead him over to the couch to sit.

"Peggy.. she.. she broke up with me."

"Oh no Steve! Thats terrible!"

"She said that it wasn't working. But Nat I thought it was working. It felt like it was working. I feel like we may have jumped in too soon. She said that she needed a little break from things, and after Christmas from her trip we could talk."

"Steve, honey, I am so sorry." At this moment, Natasha wasn't an ex - lover, a friend, a chef, anything imaginable. Right now, it was her turn to be Steves rock. She sat beside him and he sniffled and tried to calm him. Almost like a mother figure to him. That's what he wanted. Thats what he needed.

About an hour, everyone else arrived. Steve had calmed down, and told Bucky and Sam the news about Peggy. As disappointed as they were, Steve had to excuse himself to take a phone call.

[ call ]

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Steven Rogers?"

"Yes, pardon but who is this?"

"This is head coach Pat Narduzzi of the University of Pittsburgh football team. Sorry for the call before the holidays, but we are interested in paying for a scholarship for you to play football. You have great grades and such talent it would be an honor to swing by."

"Well.. Alright sir! Ill check my calendar for a time to visit and get back to you."

"Alright Steve! Have a good one"

[ end call ]

"What. The. Hell" Steves heart was racing. 2 Offers. 2 Division one offers.

"I gotta tell Nat." The fact that two amazing schools wanted Steve to play for them creeped him out.

"Nat."

"Steve.. Can it wait, its almost time to eat."

"Oh uh alright." He took his seat at the table, slightly disappointed. He decided apon not telling her this weekend, or week frankly. Waiting for more calls.

For the many hours spent at Natashas, half was the amazing story telling of Thor Odison. This friendsgiving was the best yet according to Thor..