16 • last game

OCTOBER 31ST, 2021
SCHOOL
SENIOR YEAR

"Lets go boys! Last game make it happen!" Coach Nick was in the locker room hyping up his football team. This year, they had gone 15-0 and this was the championship game against Finnegan High School in the next town over. Nick, seeking his 14th ring as head coach, was stoked to be playing their rivals in the championship. For this game, thanks to some parents and lots of funding, they all got special jerseys. The jersey was orange and had yellow and black writing for Halloween. They kept the white bottoms, and had orange socks.

"Its go time" Steve said going around slapping everyone's helmets on the top. They ran out of the tunnel to lots of cheering and clapping.

Steve ran out first, and he immediately went over to the bleachers. He went up to Peggy first, and gave her a small kiss and a hug, he then went over to Natasha, and gave her a kiss on the cheek and whispered something in her ear that made her laugh. She then told it to Peggy who started crying she was laughing so hard. Natasha and Peggy had started a very close bond both knowing Steve. Steve didn't see it, but Peggy thought that she was starting to like another boy. She didn't know why though, she really liked Steve. Of course, Natasha hadn't told Steve any of this, wanting them to last. Natasha also hadn't told Steve that Peggy wasn't going to be in town for the Semiformal in December because she was going to visit her family in Britain for the holidays. She feared a reaction.

The game started after the National Anthem was played by the school's band.

"And there's the kickoff!!" The ball was flung into the air, and the other school receiving. A quarter passed and the score was 7 - 7, a touchdown from Bucky. The next quarter, Steve threw a touchdown and the score was 7 -14 at half.

The clock ticked slowly in the third, and it looked like there was a championship trophy underway.

The fourth quarter came with 2 more touchdowns, another from Bucky and one from Tony. Steve had thrown a very good game, a whopping 89% completion, 3 touchdowns, and 310 yards. Bucky hadn't dropped a ball and lost no yardage, just like Tony. Sam had two interceptions because he played Safety. The game was almost at its end, and helmets were thrown up as everyone ran onto the field.

"Final score 7-21. Good job to both teams." The announcer said excitedly.

Wanda ran onto the field to catch up to Bucky, as did Maria. Peggy said hi to Steve and congratulated him and then went to call her parents. Natasha went to give a big congrats to her dad for winning.

"Hey! Halloween party at my place!" Tony screamed as everyone cheered. Natasha walked over and gave Steve a hug before going over to a shrieking Wanda over the win, basically using Bucky as a support post. It was a good win.