12 • weekend at tony's

SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2021
TONY'S HOUSE
SENIOR YEAR

"Tony!" It was currently 11:13 AM, and Tony Stark was still sleeping. His girlfriend, Pepper, was arriving to set up the party they were planning.

"Tony Its... 11:14 in the morning. Why are you still asleep" Pepper couldn't say anything, considering she had walked into his house with sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Happy let it slide though, he has known her for so long he doesn't need to check when she comes in through the gate. Tony gave Pepper a house key a couple months back, considering his parents were never home and always on business trips, it was nice to have someone other than Happy check up on him.

"No. Peppy stay." He mumbled turning his face into a pillow as he tried to sleep with Pepper opening the curtains.

"Tony, you have to get up." She kneeled besides his bed and stroked some of the hair back, giving him a kiss on his forehead. He smiled slightly and pushed the covers back with a big yawn. He got up and gave Pepper a hug, opening his closet and looking for something to wear. He already had a suit reserved for tonight. It was a maroon color, with a black undershirt. He moved around his football jersey, pajamas, and lots of athletic shirts. Finally, he found a white nike crewneck sweatshirt and some green Hawaiian looking pants. It was fairly warm out still, a solid 73 degrees.

"Babe, I think we should have the party outside its so nice out. What about like a pool party?" She walked over to Tony with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." Tony said, Pepper squealed happily and just smiled at her excitement.

There were 3 quick knocks at the door. It was roughly around 7pm, and the sun was just beginning to set. If theres one thing everyone loved more than summer, it was the beautiful weather and gorgeous sunsets in the fall. Tony opened the door to see Natasha, Steve, Bucky, Wanda, and Clint all laughing about something. Natasha carried brownies, while Steve carried her bag, knowing that they were going to be staying over that night. Bucky and Wanda carried towels and bags of chips, while Clint, being Clint, had about 4 giant pool floats.

"Sorry Tony, we couldn't get him to loose the floats." Tony laughed and welcomed them in as they went to the back where Pepper, Sam, and Maria talking near the pool side. Tony noticed an opportunity, seeing as Pepper was closest to the water, and shed his shirt. He stepped back a bit, and ran up, jumping in.

"CANNONBALL!" He yelled as the water splashed onto Pepper. Bucky and Wanda laughed, pushing Clint into the water. Sam screamed like a little girl. Maria cursed. Steve threw toys at Tony. It was a bit chaotic. While things calmed down, everyone sat by the fire. Steve was on the couch next to Bucky, and Sam and Tony both chatted sitting on the ottomans.
Pepper and Natasha, considering it was late, started setting up blankets on the trampolines for them to sleep on.

"So Nat, whats up with you and Steve." As it came to a shock for most, Steve and Natasha had actually broken up. They decided that it was far better for them to be friends. With their very busy schedules, they had little time to see eachother, making their relationship go downhill. There was never any fighting involved with the break up, it was more like they were taking a relationship break. They were okay with that though. Natasha knew deep down inside, that if it was meant to happen, it would happen, and it was better for both of them to step back and focus on their lives. They are close friends, and whatever happens, Natasha knew they would stay close friends. While the weeks they had been together were remarkable, it was too much.

"We broke up Pepper. Right now, it was for the best. We are both way too busy to see eachother at all, and we didn't want to make a toxic relationship." Pepper gasped, and gave Natasha a hug. Over Pepper's shoulder, Natasha saw Steve staring at her mouthing You good? She gave a little thumbs up while he gave the okay fingers.

Soon later, everyone was on the trampoline. Bruce had come a bit later on in the night, and was eying Natasha. Not in a weird way, but in a concerned way. Steve was seated next to Bucky, who was cuddling Wanda in his arms. Maria and Sam sat, making faces at eachother, Pepper and Tony fell asleep, but Natasha was wide awake. Even when everyone else was sleeping. She was awake.

——

NOT MY BEST I SWEAR. Im going to add some more in later chapters.. dont worry about Natasha and Steve (it adds suspicions and drama to the story dw i gotchu 😘)