Chapter 6: Conjure the Friends

I just woke up from staying up all night with Luz because of all the questions she had wondered about our family. Even though I was left in front of the doorstep of the owl lady, and I am not blood related to them, it feels good to know that we are a group of weirdos that we call a family. I sat up and tried to stand up to get my clothes and do what I usually do every morning, do anything random with my mess up morning routine. Grabbing new clothing since I haven't done the laundry for a while, I walked to the bathroom while Hooty greeted me good morning as I did the same to him.

After I finished taking a bath, I went down and noticed that no one was there, which got me confused. Going to the kitchen, it was the same and there was no noise coming anywhere but from Hooty and I. "Where are they? HOOTY, COULD YOU COME HERE, PLEASE?" I yelled out for Hooty to hear, and I heard a glass shattered behind me. Turning I saw Hooty's head laying on the glass and it still seemed to be okay, but I used my healing spell just in case he wasn't.

"Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeessssss? HOOT!" Hooty widened the word "yes", and looked at me with joy. I smiled and looked at the broken glass and a broken owl worm.

"Hooty, where are the rest of the gang?" Hooty looked confused and got what I mean. He told me that it is the afternoon and that they went out for elixirs and stuff. Nodding, I said my thank you and went upstairs to grab my stuff for my little meeting when I'm alone. Observing mine and Luz's room, it was coming together but still is a mess. Sighing, I created a lot of clones to help find the items I needed and to clean up the mess that the room has.

*After a few minutes

"Aha! I finally found my symbol book." Looking around the room it was cleaner than before. "And the room is clean too." You removed all of my illusions of myself and went downstairs to leave.

"Hey, Y/N, where are you going?" Hearing Hooty's question, I still looked at the door and was about to leave.

"Well, since they left without me, I am going to my friend's hang out area, which is where they will be if I ever had a day off or if I'm feeling like going out." I opened the door and closed it gently since Hooty is the door. Hooty gave me my broom, which I wish I could have a palismen but this is a practice broom for when I do find my palismen. "Oh, and Hooty, when they come back, tell them and I quote 'Y/N is going to hang out with them and will possibly come back home by midnight depending on what they and their friends are going to do.' And that's the end of the quote I needed you to say, okay?"

"Alright Y/N, have fun with your friends." I readied my broom and wore my jacket and mask for when someone found me or something.

"Bye, Hooty! Make sure you protect the place while I'm gone!" Before Hooty could answer, I flew away as fast as I could to get to the area.

*Later

"Welp, there's no sign of trouble or acid rain coming down, sooo~ I think, this day will be an okay day." Looking around Bonesborough, I saw an animal cafe thing. 'Maybe I could get some pastry while there is time.' I flew down slowly and dismounted my broom. Through the window, I observed that there are adorable animals here, and from what I heard, their pastries are delicious from someone who had stumbled upon them in an alleyway.

Putting my hand in my shoulder bag(Like Those you see for school in what I call the olden days), I checked if I brought any snails in me. As I was doing that I heard, "No teenagers!" Looking in the direction of that voice, I saw an old lady holding a broom and running at me. Freaking out, I created a protection barrier and stayed there. "Why do you little rats, keep trying to go here for some trouble!" I looked worried and pulled out my money and looked at her.

"Here, take my money ma'am for an apology, I just saw your cafe and thought maybe I should get some partries for my friends since it's been awhile since I hung out with them." I told her as I pulled out my snails. She stopped and put the broom down, geez old ladies sometimes scare me with their brooms.