Episode 7: Family Relative

"Luz needs a new coat. King needs to be checked for fleas. Y/N needs to need more of those 'anti-stress' potions or something. Am I missing anything?" Eda listed down all the things that the little ones that she is keeping under her 'wing' needed. Eda looked up at the mirror towards her reflection to see how much she had changed over the days. "Oh, you've changed, Owl Lady." She took a photo of herself with her kids and Luz in Grom with different expressions from each one of them. Eda smiled a bit. "It's worth it." Eda heard noises from Luz and King.

Eda opened her window with a smile to see Luz and King doing some pull-up exercises with her staff. While she was observing the two, she heard about King talking about his father coming. She got worried and made noise while closing the window. The two looked up with a worried look. Eda crouched under the window to not be seen by the two younger kids.

Eda finally let out a sigh and stood up, "Everyone's leaving, huh? Even King. I guess I'm no substitute for the real thing." She looked at her door remembering Y/N and how they are possibly getting closer to returning to their family too, like Luz and King. Eda opened a trunk that had a lot of stuff in it, but what made her stop was a lute with rain cloud and bolt carved into it, which before she placed the trunk into the trunk, she put the photo in her hair and grabbed the lute.

"Welp, nothing like a good distraction." Eda decided to play the lute with a song that she knows about. While she played that little song, objects around her started to float which when she took a look, she gasped at the sight of magic activating. "Has my magic returned?" Eda didn't notice that her gem turned black and one of the black boots turned black. When she stopped playing, the objects around started to fall down in their own way. "Oh, guess not. Stupid curse." Her hopes went down as she put back the lute and went back to her list that the kids needed. Little did she know, a little 15-year-old listened with a plant turning black and decayed.

******

"Yes, Vision I know. But I am not risking to talk with a person who hurt you, and you were his first friend that trusted you with his identity." Y/N and Vision were arguing about what just happened during the night of the Palisman's Adoption Day. Vision tweeted and Y/N was feeling weak, Vision noticed this and stopped, signing a tweet. Y/N sat on their bed and leaned their face on their palm with stress that is growing through the days, they even found white strands of hair on their hair. Meaning that it is a sign of stress. Vision flew towards their shoulder and apologized to them for his reaction towards them. Y/N didn't speak because if they did, tears would fall down. Vision knew that and became quiet. He tweeted that he would just be going out and they nodded, when he left, Y/N started to sob with pain going through their body. Overthinking that what they decided thinking what they choose may be the wrong turn and that they could have gone for a different approach. They sighed and laid on their bed, covering their figure under the covers and opening their scroll to see the news.

"And we're back, live at the emperor's castle! In light of Scooter Crane's retirement, today's ceremony will confirm Raine Whispers as the next head of the Bard Coven." The reporter announced in the news that the camera went to show Raine being shy from the camera. Y/N smiled and chuckled at their bigger sibling's actions.

"Do I have to be on camera?" Raine asked towards the other coven heads. The abomination man gave Raine an item during the question.

"For Titan's sake, just say something." The man with goopy, purple hair started with annoyance while a little small orange creature was following him on his rat worm creature.

Raine pulled down their hood and started to face the camera. "Uh, I am honored to work with Emperor Belos in preparation for the Day of Unity. Uh, I mean, Uni-ly! I mean, uh—oh no, this is going all wrong. Get me outta here!" Overall, the mess ups they made, they freaked out and ran away from the stage.