Episode 13: First School Trouble

Luz was backstage in the dark. Mr. Bump was sitting in the front row taking notes on Luz's performance. Y/N and Eda were with Luz backstage to give her some encouraging words. Luz cast a light spell.

"I-I'm not for this Eda. we go back." The feeling of fear and being a failure had risen onto Luz's shoulders.

"Nah kid, you got this, just do what we practiced! Right, Y/N?" Eda turned to Y/N, but they were distracted focusing on their left hand's back with their human hood on their head. "Y/N?" Y/N shivered in fear.

"Huh? Oh, yeah sorry. Anyways, Luz, you could do this. We've been practicing this for a whole day and schedules how and when to do the next move of impressing Mr. Bump. Y/N summons their flip board and represents it to Luz. Eda was impressed that the two teens planned this beforehand.

"But what if... What if I mess up? Or what if I do ? (gasps) What if I die?" Luz took her thoughts too far that Y/N had to cast a water spell to bring Luz back to the reality of the Demon Realm.

"Hey. Calm down, calm down. I had to do the same when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a more skilled." Eda didn't make her feel a bit better that Luz screamed her name that is showing it's not helping. "Right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped." Luz repeated what Eda said, but only the last word. "Get ready." Luz pulled her hood up. "Now, go!" Eda shoved Luz onto the stage. The spotlight aimed at the opening curtain with a banner reading, "Hexside School Entrance Exams." Luz jumped on stage in a dark cloak. Luz started Monologuing.

"You sure, she could do all this school stuff, Bowling?" Eda turned to Y/N concerned. Y/N shrugged and got ready to do their performance by practicing.

*****

"From the of beginnings, a hero will rise." Luz walked forward, turning her narrator's voice to her original voice. "I have from and with a and a human feature like me to dark and magic. I am..." She took off her cloak and threw it somewhere, "Luz Noceda!"

Y/N clapped but questioned when she changed her outfit since Eda just shoved her on stage.

(A/N: Like as I was rewatching it, the beginning represented her wearing her soon to be Hexside uniform to her wearing her OG outfit. But she never joined any track until after the acceptance performance.)

Luz chuckled awkwardly and tossed confetti out of her fanny pack, "Confetti!"

"Right. The that to be a witch. my judgment, I've you to take this exam in Hexside. But can you even do with all your... parts?" Mr. Bump was unsure of Luz and made a 'Are you sure you could do this?' with hand gestures.

"I sure can." Luz pointed to him with confidence. She unzipped her fanny pack and grabbed paper with glyphs. "It's said that can't do magic," She placed them both on stage to show them. "But I a lost that everything." Mr. Bump was interested in this. Eda gives two-thumbs up from backstage. As Y/N nodded and did hand gestures to sign that she could continue. Luz activated the light glyph and let the ball rise as she moved the ice one under it and activated it. Luz beams as she does jazz hands.

" cast with paper? I've of such a thing." Mr. Bump was impressed by Luz's performance. "But is it to pass the exam?" She talked to himself. Luz was worrying and Eda popped her head out with Y/N whispering, "Improvise."

"Um, I can do things, what about... this?" Luz stood up and turned around, soon turning back with her eyelids inside out." "Bleep, bloop, bleep!" Luz pushes her eyelids one by one. Mr. Bump was not impressed by that. "Ow ow! Eyelash! Eyelash!" Luz whined in pain, but she slipped on the melted ice pillar and fell into her abandoned cloak. She gets up and tries to free herself but falls off stage and onto Me. Bump. With paper and confetti flowing everywhere. She rolls off him and she apologizes by accidentally placing her hand on an ice glyph. The ice pillar lifted her up by one foot until she was on eye level with Mr. Bump. "I didn't I?" Luz grinned with worry at Mr. Bump's annoyed face.