Brave, Honest, & Beautiful

We were now in New York. Our show was in fifteen minutes and Ariana was freaking the fuck out.

"Do you see how many people are out there? They're gonna hate me. I'm gonna get boo'd" She says.

"Ari, stop it. You got it and you're gonna kill it. This is exactly what I've been training you for." I say.

"Mommy you pretty." Eve says making Ariana smile.

"Thank you baby." Ari says.

I made sure to put noise cancellation headphones on Eve because the crowd and loud music can damage her sensitive ears.

Camila and I haven't spoken since we talked. We had the next two days off so I was planning to fly back home really quickly and apologize in person. I didn't want my marriage to turn out this way.

I turned my focus off of Camila and onto the show. Eve would be watching from the side with Jess. We did a group prayer before the show started.

Ariana was nervous and it showed. "Ari, you got this. Just relax."

"If only it was that easy." She responds.

The crowd was loud and cheerful. The first song started and I stepped out first. Ariana followed behind me.

A few songs in the crowd started to become very judgmental about Ariana's performance. I mean it was her first live show in some years so I thought they would be more understanding. If I noticed it then I know how Ariana feels right now.

We finished our set but I wasn't pleased with how the fans reacted. They could've been much more supportive for her.

"I told you that the fans were gonna hate me. I'm not cut out for this anymore. I should've stayed retired." Ariana says visibly upset.

"They're not fans if they don't support you. You did great to me and look even Eve had a good time. You're a star, never forget that." I tell her.

I had her hands in mine because that used to calm her down. She lightly smiles but I still felt like something was wrong.

I went back out on stage, very pissed off with the crowd.

"Aye let me talk to y'all for a second." I say into the microphone.

The building got quiet. Most of them already knew the problem.

"Ariana is a wonderful performer, an outstanding singer, and the way that y'all did her after her first performance in like three or four years is sad. She's been feeling like she wasn't good enough to come back and y'all made it worse. For the ones that call themselves fans and supporters, y'all should really be ashamed with yourselves." I say.

I go to the DJ and tell him to play a certain song. Coincidentally it was a 5H song. I was going to sing my wife's song to my ex-fiancée. Not a good look but it was the first song that came to mind.

"I want Ariana to come back out here and for the ones that actually love her and support her, show her that." I say.

Once Ariana nervously steps foot back on stage I start to sing.

Don't go and waste your precious time
With all the nonsense on your mind, no
Don't criticize yourself no more
You got a smile worth fighting for

She chuckled once she realized what I was doing. I love seeing her smile and be happy. I hate when she's upset, that shit kills me.

Yeah, you got everything with your perfect porcelain
Ain't no one compared to it
You just gotta remind yourself

That you're amazing babe, you break it down in every way
Could be smiling every day, you just gotta remind yourself

You can dance like Beyoncé
You can shake like Shakira
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful
So whine like Rihanna
Go and pose like Madonna
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful, girl

I take her hand into mine and look her in the eyes for the next verse.

You sell out every stadium, oh-oh
And the crowd goes crazy when you're done, hmm
Don't know how beautiful you are, oh yeah, yeah
You deserve your Hollywood star

Yeah, you've got everything with your perfect porcelain
Ain't no one compare to it, you just gotta remind yourself
That you're amazing babe, you break it down in every way
Could be smiling every day, you just gotta remind yourself

The whole arena started singing along with me. It was like a scene out of a movie or something.

You can dance like Beyoncé
You can shake like Shakira
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful
So whine like Rihanna
Go and pose like Madonna
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful, girl

I said you're beautiful, you're beautiful

Shake it, shake it, shake it, mama
Show all the world you know you're hot
Wind your waist, I tell ya don't stop
Tell ya don't stop, tell ya don't stop
Shake it, shake it, shake it, mama
Show all the world you know you're hot
Confidence will help you go far
Help you go far

You can dance like Beyoncé
You can shake like Shakira
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful
So whine like Rihanna
Go and pose like Madonna
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful, girl

You can dance like Beyoncé
You can shake like Shakira
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful
So whine like Rihanna
Go and pose like Madonna
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful, girl

I made her happy and that's what I wanted. When she left the stage this time, she was in a better mood.

"Thank you Y/N. That was really sweet of you." Ariana says hugging me.

"Well I'm always gonna be here for you." I respond, hugging her back.

"Come here." Jess says once Ari and I pulled apart.

"What did I do now?" I asked.

"What don't you do?" She asks as an answer.

We walk away to a private area. "You're still in love with Ariana."

"What? No I'm not." I say.

"Yes you are. I've know you for like sixteen years now. I'm pretty positive that I know you better than you know you." She says.

"What makes you think that anyway?" I ask.

"I don't know maybe the song, the way you look at her or the way you just hugged her. You really suck at hiding it." Jess responds.

"Well guess what it's not true. I have a wife. Camila is my only concern." I reply.

Jess looks at me plainly. "Really? When's the last time to spoke to her? Better yet, why aren't you wearing your ring?"

"I don't wear my ring when I perform in case it happens to slip off. You're asking a lot of questions and for what?" I ask.

"Because I'm right. Just like I was right seven years ago when I said you first had a crush on Ariana. All I'm saying is figure it out. Don't lead Ariana on or completely crush Camila. Figure it out before you damage them and yourself." Jess says leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Damn, what if she's really right again?

__________________

What do you think is gonna happen?

Not proofread

Until Next Time.