An old friend

-Who is that? Kai asked looking at the pictures on the wall and spotting a certain unknown figure.

Seungmin raised his gaze and his smile dropped. He remembered everything and tears started streaming down his face.

-That's... That's an old friend, he wiped his tears with his sleeve.

-Where is he now? I didn't see him at the opera.

-He left... And disappeared. He was our greatest singer. Now no one knows where he is.

-Did he run away?

-Maybe... Maybe he was taken. Maybe he chose to leave. We never truly found out about his fate.

-What was his name?

-Han Jisung.

.....................................................................

Jisung took a deep breath before entering the huge building with its unique architecture.

Inside there was that sinister atmosphere that made the boy shiver. Yet he liked it.

The red curtains guarding the mysteries from behind the stage and the black velvet seats he lingered his fingers on while going down the stairs.

-Hey! No visitors until the big night! a boy yelled at Jisung.

-Oh, you got it wrong! I have been transferred here from Malaysia. I'm Han Jisung.

-Oh! Then welcome to our Opera, the boy squeezed Jisung's hand in excitement. I am Kim Seungmin, the son of the owner and the one to inherit this place and its legacy.

-It's indeed beautiful, Jisung smiled admiring the ceiling.

-Your room is upstairs. The rehearsal starts in about an hour. If you hear something strange, just tell me.

-Strange?

-Yeah. You will understand when you will hear it. Here's the key!

Jisung caught the key and started searching for his room.

There was such small space, but it's not like he needed more.

A giant mirror was placed on the wall.

He could see himself every time he sat on the bed. It was weird. Like something was watching him.

He let the shirt fall off his shoulders, revealing his exposed body and stared at his biggest insecurity ever: himself.

He turned around and changed into more comfortable clothes, then put his things on the desk.

Some journal he was noting music tips in, a picture of his family and a little music box shaped like a carousel.

There was no music since the box broke a long time ago, but Jisung was humming the lullaby from his memory with a sweet voice while closing his eyes.

The moment of rehearsal came and Jisung went down the stairs to see the orchestra taking their seats. He was excited indeed. He had to prove himself worthy of being there.

-Jisung! Come here! Seungmin called for the boy.

Jisung complied and stepped onto the big stage, next to the others.

-This is Jisung. He just came here, so please welcome him in our beautiful family! And, of course, make way for him to show us what he can do!

Jisung walked to the center of the stage and looked nervously up and down, not knowing how to start.