Mister Kim

-Hyung? Hyung! Please wake up!

Seungmin shook the body, but he received no answer.

The car was completely destroyed and his brother was bleeding. His legs were trapped under the scrap metals, his whole body being crushed between the two cars that clashed unexpectedly.

Haneul picked Seungmin from University when a drunk driver caused the disaster.

Seungmin managed to survive, even tho his whole body was inching.

But nothing could describe the pain he felt when he realised his brother's heartbeats stopped.

He let out a scream, then leaned his head on his brother's shoulder, letting the tears soak his bloody shirt.

He cried for days and nights. His father didn't want to see him.

He just hid in the theater and watched the plays from the balcony, while his father was looking at him with pure hatred.

"You should have died instead of him"

That's what he shouted in front of him.

And Seungmin swallowed in sorrow and kept his mouth shut.

-Dad is coming in less than ten minutes! Seungmin shouted. Everybody, please be respectful! If he looks in your eyes, don't move or he will destroy you.

-Minnie, chill! Changbin was running after Seungmin, trying to calm him down.

-Wasn't I invited to your dad's funeral a long time ago? Jeongin stopped Seungmin, placing his hand on his chest.

-My father is still alive, Seungmin said looking confused as fuck.

-Then whose funeral I attend to? Jeongin placed his hand under his chin. I definitely remember a funeral.

-Is Mister Kim that scary? Jisung asked Felix.

-Terrifying.

A car pulled over in front of the theater's front stairs. Seungmin was waiting at the entry, fidgeting.

A tall man with glasses and an intimidating gaze stepped closer to him and stopped right before entering like he was waiting for something.

-Welcome back, sir! I hope the trip was enjoyable, Seungmin bowed.

The man didn't even bother to answer. He continued to walk, leaving Seungmin behind.

The play started smoothly, with no complications. And the singers gave a pretty good performance.

Seungmin was still tensed, his eyes constantly slipping to the right to catch even a small reaction from his father. But nothing.

Changbin was right behind them, trying to breathe as slowly as he could. He feared that man so much that he couldn't even make a sound.

Felix was next to his boyfriend, but his gaze was fixed on a balcony above them.

He could see a figure there, applauding every time Jisung was on stage.

When Jisung's solo came, the latter came to the center of the stage and closed his eyes to take a moment and enjoy himself.

The notes came from his throat, creating a harmony pleasant to the ears. He was actually better than before.

His mind was just focusing on those words: "Sing for me".

That's what he needed to do. That's what he was supposed to do. Nothing else mattered. No ghost or rivalry could ruin that moment.

The moment when he leaves behind all his past and bad memories and focuses on a simple task: singing.

When the play came to an end, they all stand up to bathe the performers with applause.

Mister Kim didn't even move from his seat. And that gave Seungmin a new level of anxiety.

Jisung was concerned about Seungmin since he hadn't seen him at all after the play ended.

He imagined he was with his father and that's what frightened him more.

He was battling between remaining in his room and going to check on him.

His altruism won and pushed him to knock on the door of Seungmin's room.

The boy opened the door and Jisung's eyes widen in shock when they spotted a bruise on Seungmin's cheek.

-Seungmin, oh my God! Are you alright? Did he hit you?

-What? No! I think he liked the play. He didn't say anything which is implying that he didn't say anything bad. He didn't complain, so I'm guessing he enjoyed it. Thank you so much, Jisung! You were amazing. Your voice was heartbreaking in a good way.

-Then what's with the bruise on the cheek?

Seungmin looked shocked in a mirror and saw it too.

-Oh... He hit me cause I didn't put him in his favorite seat, he said rubbing his nape. It was my mistake. Don't worry! Go to sleep now, Jisung... We have a long day tomorrow too, Seungmin pushed Jisung out of his room.

Jeongin heard a knock and opened the door, tilting his head at the sight of Seungmin.

The latter threw a bag of ice for him to catch it.

-For your cheek, Seungmin said pointing to Jeongin's face.

-How did you...

-Because I'm your friend, he said making himself comfortable on the bed.

-We're friends? Jeongin asked placing the ice bag on his right cheek.

-That's what I'd like to think. Yes. I still remember when you came here for the first time and made my jaw drop with your voice.

-Stop with the cheap flattering, please! Jeongin said unimpressed.

-Jeongin, look... I have to appreciate Jisung's talent. His high notes are impeccable. However, if I had to choose, I would definitely listen to you singing trot every day and I couldn't get bored. Your voice is made for it and it amazes me every time. Don't be that harsh on yourself, ok? And don't hurt yourself, 'cause you don't deserve it, he said before leaving the room.