Guardian Angel

[A/N: Hello, my lovelies! Here is the chapter you have all be patiently waiting for. I apologize that it is so late, but I wrote it extremely long for all of you. Anyways, thank you for your patience and support and I love you all! Please enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter is extremely long, contains swearing, sexual tension, and saddening angst.🌿]
***
I craned my neck, attempting to crack the uncomfortable knots and massage the tense muscles from having been strained for hours already. My stomach and chest laid flat on the ground as I positioned the rifle stock further into the crook of my shoulder.

The space that I had selected was essentially perfect and was the dream location of any sniper. I was silently perched on an elevated portion of the mountain where Lorea's compound was completely visible, as well as the gates leading to the house itself.

My cheek rested against the chilled metal of the rifle as my eye focused through the high resolution scope  of the rifle. With controlled breaths, I surveyed the compound and courtyards, expecting a signal from the guys that I was watching over from above.

The early morning was foggy with thick clouds, and despondent with rain, making my task more complicated than normal. My vest and extra equipment was dripping with the precipitation of the heavens. My outfit, which was my camouflage combat pants and a long sleeve olive-green shirt, combined with a black zip up jacket, had already been soaked by the consistent rain.

My eyes had been haphazardly smeared with a black paint, for the reasonings of camouflage and to lessen the immediate notice of my face should someone realize that they're looking into the scope of a sniper rifle.

Although their realization wouldn't last long before I squeezed the trigger.

"It's a good thing these guys are so devout. Our dad used to say, 'When it's raining, it means God didn't need us in church today'." Ben's voice crackled over the comms and I cracked a smile at hearing his explanation for the rain that relentlessly pelleted my somewhat covered skin.

Will's voice followed shortly after, "He also said you go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." I snorted, failing at hiding my chuckle over the brothers' conversation.

"Actually, I think Mark Twain said that. Right, Hades?" Fish questioned into the comms, wanting to immediately settle the dispute before anymore misinformation was being spread.

Luckily for them, I happened to love reading once and had stored countless, useless facts. "Yes, that was Mark Twain. Smart guy." I whispered into the comms, hearing Fish's chuckle follow my response.

"Alright, keep the radio clear, let's stay awake here." Tom chided, scolding us for not staying focused in the early hours of the morning. The sky was bleeding with hues of blue and was lightening from the dark navy shadows of the evening. "How many is that getting in? Count it." He was referring to the vans that I was currently scoping out.

"Seven getting in the van." Fish stated, and once I double-checked with my own numbers, I agreed with what he had decided.

"Seven confirmed." I repeated, adjusting my gun to further see into the driver and passenger windows of both vans. I had the perfect shots should I need to take them.

"Anybody see Lorea?" Santi's voice filtered into my ear and I swept the location of the vans again, not seeing Lorea now or when the family was piling into the vans beforehand.

"Negative. We never saw him come out." Will stated for me, his heavy breathing evident of his perilous walk through his quadrant of the jungle towards the house. "The wife and two kids are in with a single driver. The family has left the building. Repeat, family are all clear."