Savior

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! Here is the next chapter for you all! Don't forget that there is a Spotify playlist, and it is tagged in the Special Announcement chapter. I hope you're all enjoying both the story and the playlist so far, and I want you all to know that you're very special to me and I love you all! Please enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter contains swearing, graphic violence, and saddening angst.🌿]
***
The flames from the wardrobe were growing more uncontrolled and uncontainable. I hurriedly stood from my perch in the window and shouldered the rifle after downing two more guards that had delivered a few bullets to my elevated position. I continued to check behind me, knowing that my back was no longer protected.

I fumbled with the lighter and began to ignite the curtains and the bedspread that was already doused with the accelerant. With a swift movement, I replaced the earpiece back into my ear, but there were overlapping voices and strings of unintelligible curses that were screaming profanities over the comms.

"Fuck! Fuck!" Ben aggressively shouted into the mic. "This wasn't supposed to fucking end like this shit!"

I positioned my assault rifle into my shoulder and exited the bedroom that was now engulfed in wide-spreading flames. I peeked into the hallway and tried to control my trembling breaths.

The stairs were creaking as I slowly ventured down, swiveling the gun and my sights slowly and effectively, scanning the room as I descended. As soon as I reached the last step, the end of a rifle appeared as a guard exited the corridor to my left. I needed to do this quietly to not reveal my presence in the house.

With a harsh slam, I brought my wrist down into the barrel and forced him to drop the weapon. It clattered noisily and he made eye contact with me, determined to kill me. He reached for my throat and I placed my foot onto the wall, propelling myself upwards as I pushed myself with a hand on the railing.

I wrapped my legs around his neck, forcefully jerking my body to immediately send us to the laminate tiles. He clawed at my thighs and I squeezed ruthlessly, knowing that it wasn't the first time I took someone's life with only my legs.

The front door burst open, revealing another guard and I, without hesitation, swiped the pistol from my thigh holster and quickly shot him in the center of his chest. He dropped immediately and the guard between my legs continued to struggle. I holstered the pistol and growled, roughly twisting my body, and mercilessly jerking my legs to brutally snap his neck.

Once he ceased to move, I rapidly stood to my feet and held my assault rifle once more, quickly venturing through the corridors towards the kitchen. Another guard walked into the hallway farther down from me and I squeezed the trigger, causing him to stumble backwards before falling lifelessly onto the ground.

I began to light more objects in the hallway that Tom had prepared with the lighter fluid, and the flames rapidly took, spreading through the corridor, and causing me to hurry down the hallway.

A room of paintings presented itself and I paused, feeling a strange and uncomfortable sensation. My eyes darted to the glass window where a shadowed guarded was preparing to enter the house. I knelt and shot him through the glass, causing the glass to break loudly and the guard to collapse outside.

"Hey, kid!" Tom's voice traveled through the comms, causing me to momentarily pause my rage-induced massacre, "I can see the flames! You're doing fucking great. Tell me where you're at in the house!"

I pressed the mic to respond, but an arm wrapped around my neck and began to drag me backwards, roughly choking me and causing me to lose my footing and stumble. My feet harshly kicked the space before me as my hands attempted to grip the arm around my neck.