Kabanata 10.5: The World Against Us

KABANATA 10.5:
The World Against Us

Dominic Herrero Special

He was the kind of child that didn't want anything because he thought everything is already enough for him.

He had the perfect family: loving parents, a smart and cute sister, and they had a business that helped them with their family income and perhaps their college tuition in the future.

He didn't have a dream, he just prayed every night that hopefully, this kind of life continues, that hopefully his sister would graduate and grow up finding a man to spend the rest of her life with, her parents retiring and spending more time with each other before their death bed.

He wanted a continuous perfect life yet normal at the same time.

If this kind of routine continues, he doesn't mind it at all.

It was going well. It was supposed to go well.

It was supposed to end perfectly, but why did it have to go this way? To this path?

It was a painful yet traumatic night for him.

His family's house that they've built and planned together for years is on fire before his eyes as the kidnappers punched him back and forth until he couldn't put a fight anymore, he could still hear his sister's scream of agony and pain as she was left and stabbed by these people.

"Alam mo..."

He couldn't understand why this was happening to him, to his family. What had he done wrong to experience this?

"...kung tinanggap lang kasi ng magaling mong ama yung offer na'min, e 'di sana buhay pa yung pamilya mo~"

His father was an honest man.

He was sure he made the right decision by not accepting the offer, he did the right thing, but sometimes when you do the right things there would be others who would hate it.

"Bata ka pa naman... baka may itutulong ka sa pamilya na'min."

The man in front of him then kicked him towards the wall and he immediately felt the pain and the impact all over his body, blood dripped from his lips and the pain was too much for him so he groaned because of it.

"You better do well or we'll dispose you...

...Dominic Villanueva~ hihihi!"

His last name was changed into a Villanueva overnight. He discovered as days, weeks, and even years passed by what he was supposed to do for this Villanueva family.

He was adopted, he's supposed to work for the family to make sure that the family's ways and illegal businesses and ventures won't be out in the public, they didn't want it to happen again.

After Liza and the original three's plans ruined the family... they knew they had to do better to make the family stay out of the public's eyes.

He had to survive, he had to survive for himself but he couldn't help but feel as if he didn't deserve to live.

He'd rather die and just be with his family, he misses them, he misses everything.

Why...? Why him? Why did he have to live?

He suffered under the family for two or three years.