romeo and juliet

i walk in school already feeling like i wanna die, atleast ill see harry today. i sit down at the table and greet everyone before quickly finishing my homework for form, "letsgo" elle says and we all walk into the halls again ready for form, when suddenly the principal speaks in the speaker "everyone in the musical room" he says and i frown, but then i remember. me and noah auditioned for this romeo and juliet thing, ofcourse they were gonna announce who won. im sure we didn't because i saw people do so good that i think we dont even have a chance, besides i didnt date harry when i did the audition. i dont know how he would react if i ever had to kiss noah, even if it was fake.

"when is this gonna start" i groan and noah sits besides me, i instantly scoot more to the side "hey" he says and i wave "u think we won?" he asks and i laugh "no way" i say and he laughs too "would u do it if we won?" he asks and i frown "maybe" i say and he nods. after what felt like hours the principal was standing on stage catching our attention, to be honest this whole thing was utter bullshit. its fun acting and all that but it was so overhyped, so many people auditioned and everyone is just too excited or something? i look at harry and wave feeling myself get more awake by the second i saw his face.

"okay so as u know we chose one duo to act as romeo and juliet" he says and i listen carefully looking around for the faces i knew played this good. "we are now gonna reveal who won, if u hear ur name come up here please" he says and elle nudges my arm "good luck" she says and i nod "u too" and she smiles

"the people who are gonna play them are..."

there was a silent silence that made me sweat, its not like i actually think id win but its still so nervewrecking.

"noah and y/n!"

i immediately stiffen up hearing the loud clapping and cheering for us, elle and everyone in my friengroup starts hugging me. i didnt even know how to react so i just stood still "come on" noah says dragging me up the stage. we stood there having the big clapping scene u see in every movie. i saw harry and he looked proud, maybe he wouldn't be mad but happy? i smile at him and wave, he points at me while talking to his friends and i grin.

after being congratulated for the fifth time i walk out of school, i was tired and my cheeks hurt holding up this fake smile, i smile genuine a lot but today was different it felt like i needed to smile. i see harry and he immediately runs over to me "u got it" he says having the most wide grin on his face "i did" i smile back and he fiddles with my hand "u aren't mad?" i ask and he chuckles "no im proud of u" he says and i could feel the blush reach my cheeks "thankyou" i mumble and he nods "show them what u can do y/n ur talented" he says and once again i shut down wanting to absolutely scream, his friends walk over and congratulate me "damn mate ur girl is finna kiss the other boy" one of his friends say and i frown, why would he bring that up? "it doesn't matter its acting and my girl here is talented so back off" he says taking my side, i smile and smirk at the boy now nervously chuckling it off. i kissed harry goodbye and started walking home.

"y/n" i hear someone behind me out of breath "yes?" i turn around and face noah "im going gome" i immediately say and he follows me "i know" he says and i stay silent "whats up?" i ask trying to cut the conversation short "are u happy?" he asks "huh?" i ask and he chuckles "we got the role y/n cheer up" he says and i smile "i am" "just anxious" i say and i can hear him humm "and ur boyfriend?" he asks "what about him" i ask and he stays silent for a sec "does he mind?" he asks and i stand still "he doesn't actually he's proud and happy for me" i grin widely thinking about his words "oh" is all noah says and i nod "yea" i say and he nods "i have to go" he says and i smile "okay see u tomorrow" i say and he humms walking away. i walk home and eat dinner talking about my role totally bragging, i walk up shower and lay in bed, i thought of writing in mu journal but decided to fall asleep.

authors note:
i lowkey wanna make a new harry greene enemies to lovers story, ofcourse i'll continue this one but also make a new one? what do u guys think. i know im making a lot of story's and i dont even have much time but ill figure it out! THANKS FOR 31K BAESS 🫶🏼
love u all so much mwa