Christmastime

Our story begins in Gotham City. As the fresh falling snow falls beautifully from the sky, residents of the city arrive at Wayne Manor, the home of billionaire, Bruce Wayne, for Christmas. Voices are joined in song as everyone sings a Christmas carol.

Ensemble: Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
'Tis the season to be jolly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

Don we now our gay apparel
Fa-la-la, la-la-la, la, la, la
Troll the ancient Yule-tide carol
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

Alfred: Deck the halls with boughs of holly.
Ha-ha, there must be much, much more holly!

Bruce: Tis the season to be... wait, what's this?
There's too much holly!

(Dick rushes by)

(To Dick) Whoa! Slow down, old chum!

Barbara: Don we now our gay apparel... no, no, no more mistletoe!

Harriet Cooper hums to herself, until her nephew, Dick Grayson, emerges from a pile of presents around the beautifully decorated Christmas tree. "Dick, away from those presents, dear!" Said Harriet. "Aunt Harriet, I found one for me! Can I open it now? Huh, can I?" Asked Dick. "Well, just one." Harriet said. "Holy holiday!" Dick said excitedly.

"It's good to see the boy having a proper Christmas, not like last year." Said Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's butler. "Yes, this is much more agreeable." Said Bruce. "Well, I thought last year was quite nice." Said Harriet. "I suppose we did manage to save Christmas." Alfred said. "No doubt about that." Bruce said with a smile. "And what a story it was!" Harriet said.

Dick's eyes light up at his aunt's words. "Story?" He asked. "Oh, forget I said that." Said Harriet shamefully. "Come on, Aunt Harriet, tell the story!" Said Dick impatiently. "Well..." Harriet began. "Pleeeeaaase?" Dick said with his hands folded. "Oh, very well." Sighed Harriet. She sits on the nearest couch as Dick sits next to her.

Everyone gathers around to hear the story. "Well, let's see... Paul, terrified by Emilia's anger, ran away from the manor straight into a pack of wolves, but Emilia saved him. They began to be friends." Harriet said. "Tut, tut, tut, that's where we come in!" Said Alfred.

As Harriet continues telling the story, let's transition to the days when Wayne Manor was still enchanted.