Don't Fall In Love

Cornelia smiles to herself after Paul left. "What a sweet boy." She said. "Cornelia! I want you to follow him. Make sure they don't come back." Said the Joker. "But, Joker, he's so nice!" Said Cornelia. "If you're finished fawning, Cornelia, maybe you can recommend someone else to play your solo?" The Joker said with his arms crossed. "No! I'm going, I'm going!" Cornelia said before running out of the room.

Meanwhile

Emilia is tidying up and humming to herself. "Bruce!" She called. No answer. Emilia tries again. "BRUUUUUCE!!!!!!" She said again, but louder. This time, there was an answer. Bruce quickly enters the room. "You bellowed, Emilia?" He asked. "I want you to find Paul. He needs to hear a song." Said Emilia. "I'll get right on it!" Said Bruce.

For the next few minutes, Bruce looks around the manor, but there's no sign of Paul. He enters a room where Alfred, Harriet, and Barbara are talking. They look up as he enters. "Ah, Master Bruce! What are you up to?" Asked Alfred. "I'm looking for Paul. Have any of you seen him?" Bruce asked. "Not me." Said Barbara. "I'm afraid not." Alfred said. "Last I saw of him, he was going with Dick to look for a Christmas tree." Said Harriet. "In that case, we must conduct a search of the grounds. Alfred, you're with me." Said Bruce.

"Bruce, I'm waiting!" Emilia's voice called from the other room. "Uh-oh! Harriet, stall Emilia!" Bruce said. "Yes, sir!" Harriet said before rushing out of the room. At the same time, Bruce and Alfred began their search for Paul. They then look out the window and notice tracks. "Alfred, look!" Said Bruce. "Oh dear me! It seems that Master Paul and Master Dick have gone to the black forest!" Said Alfred worriedly. "We must go after them immediately!" Bruce said. He and Alfred rush out the door and make their way to the black forest.

Emilia's Lair

Emilia sits impatiently at the table. "Why am I still waiting? HARRIET!!!!!!" She called. Harriet quickly enters the room. "Alright, love, hold on. Such a brisk day. You look positively chilled to the bone!" She said. "Where's Paul?" Emilia asked. "How about a nice pot of tea? Just a spot." Harriet said. "Joker, play Paul's song!" Said Emilia. The Joker plays Deck The Halls on the organ. "Um, you're not singing." Emilia said.

The Joker rolls his eyes and sings dejectedly.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

A frustrated sigh escapes from Emilia. "Louder!" She said. The Joker sings louder, but in a less joyous tone.

'Tis the season to be jolly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

Harriet continuously stalls Emilia. "A bit more tea, love? Good for the heart, you know." Said Harriet. "No thank you." Said Emilia. "Just a spot." Harriet said. "No more." Emilia said. "But there's always room for tea." Said Harriet. "I said, no more!!!" Yelled Emilia. "Oh, dearie me!" Said Harriet with fear. "Harriet, are you trying to distract me?" Emilia asked in an annoyed tone. "Goodness, no, love. Heavens, is that a yellow-bellied double-breasted sapsucker? Rare this time of year." Harriet said.

Emilia stands up from her seat angrily. "Enough! Where's Paul?" She asked. "Paul? We can't find him!" Said Harriet. Emilia grabs her magic mirror. "Show me the boy!" She said. The mirror shines to life and shows Paul and Dick making their way into the black forest. An angry expression appears on Emilia's face. "Oh no! Um, he's abandoned you! Listen to your old friend, won't you? Have I ever steered you wrong? Lead you astray? No! But the boy..." The Joker began.

Before Emilia could say another word, the Joker starts to sing something else entirely.

The quickest way to break your heart
Make you depressed and ill
Is to get tangled up inside
The side effects could kill

All passion is a waste of time
A deadly game pour vous
I am your friend, your cher ami
I wouldn't lie to you

If you must love someone, may I suggest
You love yourself!
Just think it through
You'll never leave, and you will find
You'll get more rest
You'll always feel as good as new

Your freedom is the most important thing, my friend
You must be strong, you mustn't bend

Don't talk for hours
Don't pick flowers
Don't write poems
Don't sing songs and dance
Beneath the stars
That shine above
Don't fall in love

Oh, don't do it

As soon as your heart rules your head
Your life is not your own
It's hell when someone's always there
It's bliss to be alone

And love of any kind is bad
A dog, a child, a cat
They take up so much precious time
Now, where's the sense in that?

Love takes the wildest heart and makes it tame
If you're turned on, then just turn off
Emotions are a thing all great men overcame
Please, don't make this catastrophe

Don't get attached to anyone or anything
There's nothing worse than things that cling
You'll go to pot
You'll turn to drink
You'll never rest
You'll end up mad, and
Looking like some
Poor tormented dove
Don't fall in love

Don't fall in love!