Emilia's Past

"We're gonna have the greatest Christmas ever!" Said Dick excitedly. "Oh, I hope so, Dick." Said Paul with a smile.

CRASH!!!!!!

The homemade tree collapses, and everyone scurries. "You, on the left! You on the right, follow me! There is decorating to be done!" Said Alfred. "Yes, but keep in mind that Emilia mustn't find out!" Said Bruce.

Cornelia, who was listening to every word, smiles to herself. "Yes!" She said excitedly, but quietly. Cornelia retreats back to the Joker to tell him what she heard.

Meanwhile

"Christmas?! He's planning Christmas?!?!" Asked Emilia angrily. "Yes. Awful, isn't it?" Asked the Joker. Emilia sits in front of the fireplace. "Perhaps he doesn't know how I feel about Christmas." She said. "But he does know. He just doesn't care... like I do. He's actually trying to bring Christmas back to the manor. And you know how much we despise Christmas." The Joker said. Emilia scowls. "The worst day of my life!" She said through her gritted teeth.

Five Years Ago

Emilia sits by her bedroom window and stares at the sky. "I miss you, Daddy. It's almost Christmas, and I really want you to be here for it." She said. A few tears fall from her eyes.

A minute later, Emilia picks up a picture of her and her father and stares at it while sadly singing to herself.

Do I miss you?
Count the stars, multiply by 10.
Course I do more than now and then.

I could paint a rainbow,
Shine the sun.
Set the stars in space,
After that explain how much I miss your face.

Watch the moon someday soon,
You will start to smile,
When I say I'll see you in a while.

But till then I miss you.
Dry my tears,
Hid my fears away.
Until that happy day,

To the rainbows end,
Is where I would go my friend.
I do miss you so.

It took a long time for Emilia to eventually realize her father was never coming back. He sadly passed away after getting the plague. This destroyed Emilia, and Christmas became her least favorite holiday ever since then.

Present Day

"But we have come so far since then. We have risen above the tragedy." Said the Joker. "Where is he?" Emilia asked frustratedly. "I believe he's gone to the boiler room... or that a little birdie told me." The Joker said. Cornelia giggles. "Tweet, tweet, tweet!" She said while acting like a bird.