Chapter 21: A Sea of Clouds

Susant woke up to the feeling of the warm sun on his cheeks. Stretching his arms, he felt like he had slept for days. After wearily looking around and not being able to discern where he was, Susant jumped to his feet.

              "It wasn't a dream," said Susant, looking around in wonder. He was in the garden he had stumbled upon however long before. The statues of the deities upon the temples seemed to all be looking at him, smiling with the same smiles he remembered from before.

              "But if it wasn't a dream . . . then what is this place?" He turned past the tree, brushing the soft leaves with his fingers. Walking past it, he came toward the very edge of the garden. Gazing out from where he stood, he saw only clouds.

              Clouds. As far as the eye could see. In every direction.

              Susant's heart began to beat a little faster. Leaning over the edge of the garden, he looked down and away from the monastery. There was nothing to see. No land. No mountain. No forests. All he could see were thick white clouds, moving slowly across the open space as if they were standing in the open sky.

              "Standing in the open sky," Susant mouthed to himself.

              Susant's eyes grew wider as he took in the sea of clouds before him.

              "No, no, no . . . this can't be happening."

-----------------

-----------------

Ahoy my friend! Thanks for reading The Monastery!

If you would like to meet the creators, artists and storytellers of this tale, see exclusive concept art from our cosmos, along with check out our other high-fantasy book/manga series, The Curseborn Saga, you are welcome to come join our Discord, which can be found through the Official Monastery Novel LinkTree!

We'd be honored to meet you! Take care, and peace!

https://linktr.ee/themonasterynovel