Chapter 38: Clairvoyance

The lands of Nyima stretched out before Susant's eyes. He could see the whole of Kingdom, beautiful, tall and shining under the light of the sun. Realizing that he was floating in the air, Susant faintly understood that he was dreaming. He watched the sun move swiftly across the sky, as if time herself no longer held any power, and she quickly brought on the fall of night.

              Despite the entrancing beauty of his home, Susant was distracted by the feeling that something was watching him. He reluctantly turned, and there, sitting on the far horizon was something moving. Traveling across the lands as if he were a bird, Susant closed in on the distant motion. As he came closer, he began to feel sick in his stomach.

              Thousands upon thousands of soldiers were marching toward his home. Fear surged through his heart. It began to rain, and soon it was pouring upon the lands. He floated down out of the sky, landing before the mighty army.

              Susant was a mere rock's throw from the thousand-armed soldiers. The Emperor came forward on his great black steed, and Susant could feel the heat from the breath of the horse. His eyes were sharp and focused, focused only on Kingdom, and as the Emperor unsheathed his sword, it gleamed beneath a flash of lightning.

-----------------

Ahoy my friend! Thanks for reading The Monastery!

If you would like to meet the creators, artists and storytellers of this tale, see exclusive concept art from our cosmos, along with check out our other high-fantasy book/manga series, The Curseborn Saga, you are welcome to come join our Discord, which can be found through the Official Monastery Novel LinkTree!

We'd be honored to meet you! Take care, and peace!

https://linktr.ee/themonasterynovel