Chapter 2

For the second time that evening, you crossed your arms as if to muffle the heartbeat that quickened in your chest, all the while Billy was waiting for an answer.

There was only one answer that he wanted to hear but you weren't a weakling and unlike all other times, you would make it known.

"No."

At that, the brunette's brows shot up in a way that felt like you had just slapped him in the face. Stu's unnerving giggle didn't make it any better, but it instantly died down when Billy glowered at him with unveiled contempt.

"I'll pretend you didn't just say that."

After a pause that stretched just far enough to be uncomfortable, you repeated yourself. "I said no."

Why couldn't he understand how suffocating the situation was? Sure you knew like no other how close they were, but you always felt in the wrong even when you weren't. He had promised many things before and never stuck to them.

Letting out a mirthless laugh, Billy shut his eyes and exhaled through his nose, pinching its bridge as he smiled bitterly. Luckily for him, you didn't see his free hand inch closer towards the knife rack standing behind you.

"I'm going outside." You wriggled free, deliberately avoiding his hooded glare. You stepped past where Stu was sitting and gave him a quick peck on the cheek that seemed to brighten hia mood straight away. "Just need a bit of fresh air. Be back in twenty."

You watched to gauge Stu's reaction-first, there was a look of confusion on his face, followed by one of deep thought, and then dawning realization. "Wait up!" He called out. "You goin' alone or with somebody else?"

You rugged up in a thick coat and scarf, then collected your phone and wallet. "Yes, dad. I'm going alone. No one else."

"But it's dark out! What if you get attacked by Michael Myers or..."

"It's not Halloween today is it?"

"Jason?"

"We're not at camp Crystal Lake."

"You're such a sexy nerd!" There was a swell of pride in Stu's tone as he hobbled over and clasped his hands on your shoulders, giving you a tight hug and a kiss on the crown of your hair. "Have I ever told you how much I love ya?"

"Every day." You could tell he was doing his best to fight his natural instinct to keep you close but wasn't doing a very good job at it until Billy ordered him to release you.

"Just let (Y/N) cool off. She needs to chill the fuck out."

"Seriously?" You huffed in indignantly, a little storm of questions swirling in your mind. If this kept up, it would only end up in a shouting match. Again.

So instead, you made your way to the front door, noticing dark clouds creeping in the horizon. Why did they have to be like this, and why did you feel like they were keeping something from you?

Billy scared you, you decided, but your insides twisted at the idea. He didn't really scare you...

Right?

He confused you! Yeah, that was it! Some days Billy simply refused to let you out of the house or go anywhere without him or Stu, sometimes Emma, and other days he seemed more than thrilled to have you away, being an asshole at your expense.

Some could call it bipolar personality, but the real explanation was that the man was... Well... A tad bit unstable. To what extent you had yet to figure out.