Chapter 10

They couldn't have three Ghostfaces running around and throwing slaughter parties like no tomorrow.

While the news of a third killer on the loose could have thrilled him-it sure did Stu-Billy was far from pleased. Not only did they have to find their victims somewhere away from Roseville where they would have to lay low, but again there was that what if.

What if this was going to invoke your memories? What would they do then?

Going to Roseville had been an unfortunate mistake that Billy Loomis in no way could have foreseen. Coincidence, after all, wasn't a thing he could possibly have control over, but he could control other factors, such as keeping you away from the killings as much as he could.

They had never been this close to being discovered before, except during the Woodsboro Massacre. Even then, did they really? They revealed themselves at the end of it. Billy thought it was unlikely anyone would have found out who was behind it all if they hadn't taken the costume off.

Either way, this was eating away at his nerves. This wasn't good, and he didn't think it could get any worse.

"What do we do with this one?" A voice modifier from his direct right was turned off mid-sentence.

Stu slipped through the shadows of the garden with purposeful strides and pulled off the disguise from his head to carelessly toss it next to the body of one of the two victims they had targeted.

There wasn't any ulterior motive to kill the couple who had been in their mid 50s. No revenge plot like Maureen's, no jealousy like Casey Becker's and Steven Orth's. Nothing. Just two unlucky souls. Ordinary with ordinary lives.

Billy lifted his eyes up at Stu and squinted at the man in front of him. Something was hidden behind his crystal blues- something that only came out after they commited crimes.

His gaze dropped at the greying woman spread out and mangled on the damp grass bellow them, fresh crimson mixing in with the drops of dew rolling down the small leaves and staining her hair to an almost bright red.

Billy's heart was still pumping with adrenaline, but he willed his breath to stay stable, feeling his muscles relax as the smell of iron hit his nostrils.

Initially, they had planned to do this at night but now that you were beginning to ask questions, they had to rush it, much to Billy's dismay.

The knife in his belt loop hung warmly against his hip, still dripping with blood, that he then pulled out and flipped around by the blade to hand it to Stu expectantly.

"Cut her up," was the order. Billy then directed his stare towards the open garage behind them. "Put her in the freezer. We've got ten mins. Hurry the hell up."

"What? No please?" Stu sounded offended but with the upturn of his mouth that Billy saw when he gazed at him, he knew he wasn't.

"On it, on it. One of these fucking days you're gonna do the carrying..." The rest of Stu's complaining fell on deaf ears as he dragged the corpse away, leaving Billy to pack up their gear in the duffel bag they brought with them, which was filled to the brim with zip-ties, ropes, spare robes and other tools.

Billy wiped his hand on the black garnements that he then pulled off over his arms and head, stuffing them back into the bag from where they came. He could still feel the sticky substance soaking into his skin even when it wasn't on him-a feeling he had grown used to- but one that would never fail to make him feel powerful.