Chapter 7

What year was it?

It took you several seconds to pull the warm blanket away from your face as you rolled your eyes around, left, and right, then prying one of them open to
glance around the room where you were curled up in the middle of the bed, on top of the covers.

Alone this time. It was an unusual feeling waking up in the absence of your lovers, but, like Billy told you last night, they had things to do. They'd only be gone for the weekend, resuming the habit of not specifying what they were going to do or where they were going. You didn't prod for more information for the simple reason that you were pleased with the extra alone time.

With your vision slowly coming into focus, you swung your feet over the edge of the king-sized bed, feet coming in contact with the cold wooden floor that sent a shiver down your spine. You easily ignored it for you were still half asleep, yet aware enough to be amazed by the grandeur of the bed room, which was only one of the set of three the mansion came with.

You'd been too tired yesterday to really notice or appreciate everything, but now you could. Much like the rest of the interior's walls, rich gray paint stylishly contrasted with the white elements of the room, including the bed itself, the rug and window treatments.

Not only did you have access to a mini fridge if you were feeling thirsty and didn't want to get up in the middle of the night, but there was also a television screen fastened to the wall straight opposite the bed. The one in the living room downstairs was even larger in size but not a single part of you cared.

After extending your arms out for a long stretch, you tossed the blanket aside and stood up, the warmth of the bed no longer protecting you from the slight breeze in the room.

Next stop was the bathroom, which also did not disappoint. A sleek glass shower cubicle along with shining shower handles and marble flooring made you bite back a laugh. They were really going to have to drag you out by your ankles in a few months time.

You started the water of the shower up to use it for the first time since arrival and after shedding yourself of your underwear, you stepped in.

Stepping under the warm water felt amazing, especially in the morning. It not only washed away your sweat, but also any potential bad dreams. Not that you'd experienced one. Billy had left you in high spirits.

Drips of water rolled down your face, hitting the floor and sliding into the drain. It was calming to see how smoothly they went from one place to another, never skipping a beat.

Proceeding with your normal routine, you washed your hair and body. After you were done, you turned the running water off and grabbed one of the towels you laid ready to dry yourself, before putting on a fresh set of clothes and brushing out your (H/L), (H/C) hair.

Once back in the bedroom you were happy to see it was another beautiful morning when you shoved the curtains to the sides. There was a cloud here and there, but the sun was already shining brightly.

The digital clock on the bedside table read 11:17 AM in neon red. It was much later than you usually got up, but you blamed the tiredness of moving yesterday. Grabbing your phone that was now fully charged, you replied to some text messages from Emma and work-related affairs.

Your work consisted of creating collages online for various brands, factories, products etc. It made really decent money and while Stu easily could have bought a house as neat as this one by himself, you had been stubborn and promised you wouldn't let him pay for the whole thing.

It was more fair that way. Plus, you wanted to feel like you were actually contributing to something and besides, he was the one that got you this work in the first place, courtesy of his parents. Somehow you had a hunch that having you work from home was just another way of controlling your actions, but right now you couldn't complain.