Chapter 8

By the time it was well in the evening, the sky had turned into a beautiful mix of purple and blue. Slowly but surely the air was getting colder with the sun disappearing behind the horizon.

You had lost track of time and were all prepped and ready to head out, feeling nervous as you waited in the living room.

"Ems, hurry up! The taxi is here!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She sprinted down tbe stairs, her sparkling six inch heels clutched in her right hand. Emma was wearing a tiny pair of black shorts and a purple, sequined bikini top.

You thought it to be way too exposed but hey, you weren't exactly the motherly type. It was a night out to enjoy, no rules or mothers involved. And no boyfriends.

You had covered yourself more but looked equally stunning in a black dress with white ribbons lacing the underside.

"Dang," is what you heard Emma whistle at you from as you walked towards her and to the front door. "I'll have to fight for your attention tonight."

"Emma," you scoffed and double checked yourself in the mirror next to the door before heading out, shaking out your (H/C) locks and preening your pout as you did.

The two of you climbed into the backseat and after a twenty minute ride, the taxi pulled up to the club you'd agreed to go to. You pushed a twenty in the driver's hands, told him to keep the change and got out.

Music blared loudly from inside the club, dark and heavy dance beats causing the floor to vibrate beneath your feet. There were some tables at each side of the large interior and you were about to ask your companion where she wanted to sit, but she had already been pulled to the side by a dirty-blonde, curly haired beast of a man.

You rolled your eyes. That left you to sit down by yourself somewhere less crowded before ordering a drink.

It didn't take long for you to zone in on a pair of dark eyes. A man carried a glass of amber coloured liquor in his hand as his legs took him to the table not far from yours, all the way in the corner.

You tried to be discreet with staring as he sat down rather elegantly. As far as you could tell the man came alone, but looked handsome in the long, black trenchcoat that ran down his body and stopped at his knees.

With the tables and people in the way it was hard to see everything, but you did make out his perfectly styled hair that was deep brown in colour, close to black, and kept together with gel, buzzed short at the sides while one part of it jutted down his forehead, coming to rest above his right eye.

Though the person was drinking, you were willing to bet your toe that he was sober. There was too much awareness in his expression for you to believe otherwise.

"Thank you." Your eyes flicked up to the woman that brought the glass to you, gulping down some of the liquid that seared in your throat as you eased back in the seat. You hadn't been checking the man out for flirting purposes by any means. It was just curiousity.

It hadn't even been an hour later and you couldn't find Emma anywhere. You were ready to call her until you saw her step into your direction with a bit of difficulty.

"I knowww..." Her words were a little bit slurred. "But nothing happened. Much..."

You smiled and raised a hand up in the air, getting a glass of water which she gladly accepted. "so... Seen any p...*hic* Prince Charming yet?"

"I'm not here for that and you know it." Your unimpressed gaze crossed the dance floor filled with people grinding against each other, making out, or pulling each other somewhere to do God knew what.