𝒗: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕

HAN JOONHWI

LYING to her is so hard. That's why after I met Sol-a, I decided to meet Freja next for the last time, temporarily.

Keeping secrets on her isn't easy yet I needed sometime to figure everything out.

"I thought you can't leave? Why the sudden call to see me?"

Freja as usual had her pretty face in frown. Walking towards her direction with my hands on my pockets, I tilt my head to stare intently at her face as I sit down next to her.

I scan her appearance for a few seconds with confusion. With slightly furrowed brows, my eyes perplexed as it urges me to ask her about her well being.

Even I know that she's hiding something despite of having always a grumpy look on her face.

"Why is the sudden frown? You were all jolly and giddy earlier. Did anything bad happen?" I ask in concern, "Are you okay? Are you hurt-"

"Do you really have to lie?"

I froze on my stance as soon as she open her mouth and inquires it. "Huh?" I gulp down, "what are you talking about?"

Freja scoff in annoyance when I tried to peek my head closer to hers, she moves her face away and lightly push my shoulder.

"Earlier." she started, "You texted me about being in burial." her voice stammered as hurt can be heard on it.

"But I saw you with Sol-a," whilst saying those, Freja look up to as we had an eye to eye contact.

"Why did you lie?" she asks again, causing me to bit the inside of my lower lip.

Scratching the back of my neck, I slowly distance my self on her. "It was nothing." I simply answer back.

Glancing back at her, I saw how Freja's eyes bore unto me with different expression I had seen on her.

She didn't say anything for how many seconds but she does let out a sigh of exhaustion.

Freja nodded her head on me and stood up on her seat. "If you just call me here to be lied again then guess I shouldn't have wasted my time."

Without saying more, Freja walks past through me but before she could leave, I stood up from the bench and hold her wrist.

"You won't understand it." I defeated mutter whilst playing on her hands.

"That's why I am asking you to tell me truth." she retorted coldly, removing my hold on hers.

"If you can't then you should have decline. You don't need to made-up things and lie."

"Where are you going?" I tried to hold her off for a more minutes by asking her whereabouts.

"Are you already going back?"

She didn't faze a little and continue on her stance. "Don't mind me starting from now on." she pauses.

"Do things you wanted to do on these. Throw or eat, I don't care." is the last thing she mutters after harshly giving me the plastic full of food.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, sitting again on the bench whilst continue watching her from afar.

I open the plastic after a while when she's gone on my sight. It is full of food along with my favorite snacks.

Whilst staring at those, I chuckled bitterly before tucking back the plastic on my lap.

I know deep down that I cannot bear to close my eyes and sleep, so I stay on the oustide.