𝒊𝒙𝒗: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

"YOU came back." I smile widely as soon as the door opens and Joonhwi was revealed on it. "We just finish."

I explain after he wander his eyes around the messy room. Papers, book and other documents can be seen anywhere.

"Are you tired? We can talk it out tomorrow if you are."

"I am not but okay, I guess we can." I slowly get my back pack and wear it.

When I look up to find where Joonhwi is, he is suprisingly on the door already. He had it open as he was staring at me. Probably waiting for me to walk in.

"Have you seen the others?" I ask after we finally walks on the school's hallways. "Sol left first since she's gonna meet her mom on her work place."

"No, I only saw Jiho who is already sleeping in our room." Joonhwi retorted, "wae?"

Smiling at him, I wave my hands off. "Nothing. I just miss their presence. It hadn't been long since I hang-out again with you guys."

"Yeah. They missed you," he informs before letting out a soft chuckle, "I missed you..."

The wide grin I had in my lips, slowly falter after his last words struck on my mind. The once happy walk I had stop. My brain is functioning properly but something keeps me from saying anything.

Once I felt Joonhwi's silence that's when I decided to shrugged his words off. As I shifted my head on his direction. I tried my best to wear a genuine smile.

I never mentioned or say anything about it. I could only laugh a little and joke around. "Ofcourse, you all did. I'm your friend."

I emphasize the word and carefully watch his expression on the side of my eyes but Joonhwi only had his brows twitch and his face remain unreadable.

Despite of me remaining as cheerful and believable, Joonhwi seems like he didn't buy my actions.

As I keep chattering with him, he is just there. Beside me with his usual searching for the truth eye.

The way his orbs scans me and my face, make my heart hurt a little.

Just like before, I had a hunch that the person he likes is me but unlike what happened from the past. I will not make my self hope for nothing anymore.

He is just kind. I might just misunderstood his actions. I understand very well, why people caught feelings towards him.

"This is why we should give them criminal punishment like other countries." I curse out as we continue to walk. "It was for public good to protect children's survival."

Staring directly at him, Joonhwi only gaze back at me. Listening at my unending rants about this complicated case.

"Why would they even bother to have children if they won't even take their responsibility for it." I frown again.

"The worst is, they can provide but choose not to! There are really some bad parents who are like this."

Smiling genuinely because of my frustration. Joonhwi spoke.

"This is justified since it's a public interest? This is yours and Sol-a's specialty. But this one won't be easy."

As I keep listening to his words. My frown turn into a pout. This made me realize more, on how good and knowledgeable he is when it comes to our choosen ground.

"Fine. I understand now, on how big shot you are." I hiss at him as he could only smile at me with his the same, heart shattering gaze.

"But if we don't find her innocent those shameless parents who refuse to pay child support will get confident and feel justified by their actions!" I walks closer to him, still feeling up-set and courageous at the same time.