6

Scrambling in the kitchen, I grabbed a basket and filled it with food namely; muffins and blood tarts, and water. People looked at me weirdly for whatever I'm scouring in the kitchen for, there are even some people I've bumped into.

  Apologizing profusely for the ruckus I made, I left the kitchen but not even seconds later, I bumped into someone and the basket and its contents inside flew to ground.

  They held my forearms to keep me steady. I stared at the cuffs of their sleeves, no one wears black sleeves with an orange stripe in this castle. I trailed my eyes from the person's wrist to their arms and finally to his face. It was Sapnap.

  As his face is now closer than in the court today, his fluffy onyx hair compliments his slight tanned skin. Fierce, black eyes peircing into my own dull green eyes. I also noticed a scar on his right eyebrow which left a white trail.

  I snapped out of my trance and composed myself. "Ahem. I, uh, apologize for the—uh—for bumping into you," I said as I bowed and picked up the food that got scattered on the floor. Luckily, there were wrappers around them.

  I didn't expect for Sapnap to crouch down and help me put back the contents inside the basket. What a gentleman. Well, I mean he is a prince. Of course, he has manners. He opened his mouth to say, "It's fine but next time look where you're going."

  I stared at him before nodding. Once all food was inside the basket and hanged on my arm, I cleared my throat as I stood straight, "Thank you for helping me. And then again, I'm sorry for bumping into you."

  "Then again, it's fine."

  I smiled thinly at the awkward atmosphere and looked away. After a seconds of an awkward silence, I asked, "How come you're here? I mean, you are here because of Tommy but in this place—like here?" as I looked for words. Suddenly, no English.

  The prince looked around for a while and his gaze fell back to my figure. "Well, your father has asked me to stay here for a few days and told me to look around here freely," he said. It has been years since I've been here, has been left unsaid.

  "But with an army?" I mumbled.

  "Excuse me?" Sapnap asked, failing to hear my mumble.

  "Oh, it's nothing. It's unnecessary to hear anyway," I said with a small smile whilst waving a hand. Again, silence engulfed us.

  Widening my eyes as I remembered that someone could be dying in the dungeons, I bowed at Sapnap and rapped out, "Oh, shiNotch, I forgot!  I gotta go. It was lovely seeing you, my Prince. I hope you feel welcome within these walls! Um, bye–bye!," and ran away to dungeon.

  'My prince?,' Sapnap thought.

-------

  "Oh my Notch! Oh my Notch!" I repeatedly said to myself.

  Remembering that I rushed past a confused Sam in this state with a crooked smile to relay him that 'everything's fine', embarrassed me but I didn't have the time and effort to think about that. I have business to attend to, which is Tommy dying.

  Exaggerating, I know. But I don't know how to react to these situations. I only know how to prevent anything severe from happenening, not how to control my feelings. And to think I coversed with the Crowned Prince of Ignis so casually earlier.

  As I reached the trio's cell, I saw Tommy heaving air greedily. I shoved the water bottle inside and yelled, "Here! Give it to him!" Ranboo, being closest to me, snapped his gaze at me then the bottle and snatched it. He offered the bottle to Tommy, who downed the whole liquid within a second.

  After everything got sorted from the blonde's predicament, we conversed once again but this time with sweets which the teenagers' eyes lit up at the mention of food.

  "Literally, thank you, Princess, for everything!," said Tubbo with food in his mouth, who had a half–eaten muffin on his left hand and half of a blood tart on his right.

  I giggled at the sight. "You don't have to, Tubbo. And please, enough with the formalities. Call me Y/N, instead."

  "Really? Well, we don't want you to feel uncomfortable around us calling you by your name since... you are the princess."

  "I understand your concerns, Tubbo. But please, worry not. I'm fine with it," I reassured him.

  "Well, Y/N, thank you for the food then," Ranboo said, who has two muffins in his hands. "We were pretty hungry from all the walking and sitting in court all day." I smiled sympathetically at them.

  "That's true!," I turned to look at Tommy who shoved a blood tart in his mouth whole and took two from the basket. He has crumbs and jelly smudged all over his mouth. If people saw this, they wouldn't believe he's the Duke's son. "We've been all walking around and when I asked for water, they would just push me forward like the dickheads they are! And that fire prince would look at us like–!" He choked. We suppressed a laugh. "Holy shit. What the fuck? If looks could kill, we'd be six feet under by now!"

  I nodded, still holding back my laughs. "Tommy, you do want to live, right?" Tubbo said innocently. Tommy confusedly frowned, "Yeah, so?"

  "So maybe, you shouldn't piss off Prince Sampam."

  We all looked at the bruntte, surprise evident on our faces while he looked at us confusingly. "What?," he asked.

  Tommy, Ranboo and I laughed in sync, filling the dark silent dungeons with a bright atmosphere. Tubbo, realizing the strange name he called the prince, widened his eyes and said, "No! No wait—Wait! That—stop—No–!," as he tries redeeming himself.

  We only laughed out louder at his attempt, causing his head to fall on his hands. "Don't laugh at my own misery!," he yelled in his hands yet with a smile evident by the tone of his voice.

  This caused the Duke's son to laugh out even louder and harder, which made Tubbo to laugh at his friend. Me and Ranboo just stood by sidelines, looking at the two gawking out on each other, laughing as we did so.

  Tommy choked and laughed again. Then again, he choked and coughed. Our eyes widen.

  "Tommy!"