21

War ensued outside the walls while Father and the three princes planned strategies, and I was being sent back to my quarters.

  Staring full of sorrow at the clash of two sides, I can't help but feel, eh... helpless. While everyone is sacrificing their lives with my brother and friends, I'm here just helplessly stare at the blood-bathed show infront of me.

  Silhouettes of three re-entered the bloody feild, swords and axes in hand. From the synchronized moves to reading who-needs-who, this is what the people call the dream team.

  Well, they were always in sync ever since they were wee little babies.

  Suddenly, an arrow shot through the air and onto George's shoulder and another to Clay's thigh. Horror came over me as they dropped down to the ground, the thud somehow rang through my ears throughout the commotion. I didn't have time to scream as Sapnap, who was beside them, stared down at their ragged bodies.

  A burst of fire lit the feild up with brightness, and the source came from Sapnap. At the ends of his jet black hair was coated with fire. For a second, the fire turned hot blue and went back to a fiery red color.

  His body moved at lightning speed. It looked like he was on a killing spree, killing off enemies that blocked his path. The blade he holds plunged through foes, fiery daggers flew into chests that are near. While the fire prince is on his spree, George dragged Clay out of the fight.

  This sudden 'phase', you may call it, happened when we were seven.

  When we went overseas because we were invited to celebrate a rising kingdom somewhere south, called Manburg. All members of the royal families of the north were invited, that included me, Clay, George and Sapnap.

  While the adults were in the ball, all the heirs were placed outside with little snacks in the pavilion. It was a simple night until some kid decided to turn the tables around.

-------

  The heirs of the north were playing by themselves, away from others, in their own little world. Playing kings, queens and knights, as Cornelius as king, George as queen, Sapnap as knight and Y/N as a dame. The princess didn't want to play queen so she just suggested George to play the role.

  While they were having a jolly good time, a kid approached them with a clear snarl on his face. With a tone, he shouted "Oi, what are you lads doing?! You're doing it wrong! The princess is supposed to be the queen, not the prince! Why is he even wearing the tiara, only girls should wear that."

  With that, George looked down in shame for "wearing such a thing."

  Clearly, the kid just want some ruckus so he just spat whatever he could see to roast. Cornelius with furrowed brows, stood up for George, "No, boys can wear tiaras too. If you want to, I can wear the tiara to prove that boys can wear whatver they want."

  Sapnap then stood beside Clay after he plucked the tiara off of George's head and put it on his own. "See, I wore it. Nothing is wrong about it."

  That made the boy avert his gaze away from Clay and onto the fire prince. "You," he started. "You're the one who has two fathers and no mother."

  "You are the one who has two fathers and no mother!," he repeated but this time louder, drawing the attention of the other kids. A crowd full of of younglings formed around the northern heirs and the douchey kid. Whispers and mutters coulf be heard and the four heirs could only watch and listen.

  "Oh, so he is the prince who has no momma?"

  "It must have been so hard for him."

  "I heard from my older brother that he's adopted."