7

Waking up this morning got my back aching. Probably because I had my back hunched all the time when I was in the dungeons with the trio.

  As expected, Anne already had the bath drawn out. Finishing up my look for today, I walked out my room. And as usual, breakfast with my brother and Father but this time, Prince Sapnap is present.

  Was giving the boys two months of isolation in a cell was harsh or not enough?, I thought to myself as I strolled along the hallway after finishing breakfast, which was hours ago. Maybe I should have given them... eh, one month. I put a hand on my temple as I'm easing the war in my head. But given what they did and stole, and exactly how many, maybe two and a half? No, that's stupid. That is way too harsh on the

  I snapped out of my trance as I bumped into a wall. On second thought, a person. I looked up to see none other than my brother. Eyebrows scrunched together on his "dreamy" face.

  "You seem to be lost in thought," Cornelius said, voice low and raspy. I raised an eyebrow at him, "Well, you seemed moody at breakfast. Did you hit puberty?," and smirked. He groaned which made my smirk grow.

  "Oh, come on now," he tilted his head backwards, revealing his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. ".. I was just asking if you're alright." Cornelius finished. I let my smirk drop and replaced it with a genuine smile. I patted his arm before walking away, "I'm fine. Thanks for the concern, Clay."

  I heard him grumble something like an "Oh my Notch" before walking to his desired location.

  Before I could go back into thinking deeper than the Void, suddenly, I bumped into someone again. Seriously, what is with me and bumping into someone? This is not some cliché love story.

  Realizing a firm chest is pressed upon my face, I backed away to look at the person. To my surprise, it was Sapnap.

  I smiled sheepishly when he gave me a confused look. I fiddled with my fingers and staggered, "I, uh, apoligize, my Prince." Cringe. "Didn't I tell you yesterday to look where you're going?"

  I laughed nervously, "Yeah, I must have forgotten." He gave me a skeptical look before crossing his arms. "Alright, you seem to be lost in thought. Something wrong?," he asked.

  I laughed lightly as I've come to realize the parallels of what happened earlier and now. The prince raised his eyebrows, confusion evident on his face and tone, "What?"

  "Funny because earlier, Clay asked me the same question after I bumped into him," I said, chuckling at my words. Sapnap's face went from confusion to disbelief, his eyebrows shotting up. "Wait, you still him Clay? That's like, what, years ago!," he laughed, still in dibelief.

  "Yes. I still call him Clay. I can't forget about that one time. It's too funny and precious."

  "I agree with you."

-------

  Young Y/N was playing with Young Sapnap and Young Cornelius. Their other friend couldn't come to play due to his lessons so he stayed back. Young Sapnap was playing with wooden dolls along Young Y/N. Wooden princesses, princes and horses was gripped on by little toddler hands and makes a thunking sound every once in a while.

  The other young prince was playing beside them but instead of wooden dolls, he was playing with white clay dough given by one of the servants earlier but not knowing if it was edible or not.

  Turning his back on his sister and his friend, he handled the clay and smushed it underneath his palm, excess clay came spurting out in between his tiny fingers.

  As the other royals noticed that the older prince is out of their sight, they turned around to see his back facing them.

  Young Y/N tilted their head sideways, blonde hair swaying to the side. "Brother, what are you doing?". Nodded Young Sapnap, he exclaimed, "Yeah! What are you doing? Come play with us!"

  The older blonde prince turned his head slowly at the invite. Once his face was shown, he showed a rather innocent look as the royals laughed and pointing at his figure.

  White clay was all over his face and clothes, but more clay was gathered near his mouth as if he ate it. Truth is, he did. But thankfully, he didn't swallow since he thought it tasted much more bland than cookie dough.

  "What?," he asked innocently. Young Sapnap struggling to find words, the princess decided to speak on behalf of the onyx haired prince. "You can't eat that! That's—that's clay!," and proceeded to laugh, the other prince clutching his stomach on the ground, laughing harder than before.

  Widening his eyes, he spat the clay out of his mouth and wiped his tounge with the cuffs of his white sleeve. The other two was still laughing at his state and started teasing him.

  Young Sapnap and Young Y/N swore with their entire lives that they would call Young Cornelius 'Clay' for as long as they could. They couldn't get enough of watching him get flustered and upset when they call him the nickname he brought upon himself and stomp away, often saying he doesn't want to see and talk to them again.

  But they all know that that was a lie.

-------

  Sapnap and I laughed in sync as we recalled the memory. Wiping a single tear that dared to fall, I said, "Fun times," The prince in front of me hummed, repeating my words, "Yep. Fun times," as he reminisced.

  "Hey," he said. "If you have some time in the near future, maybe we could, you know, catch up?," he finished (and dropping all the formalities) as he scratched the nape of his neck as he raised his shoulders. A small smile on his face made me smile as well, "Sure. I'd like that."

  "And maybe we can feed Clay's anger up again just like the old days," he said, a smirk making its way up to his lips and raised his brow. I felt my face copy Sapnap's expression as I crossed my arms, "I bet that I'll be the one to tick his last straw."

  The prince raised his brow at my words. He leaned in, "Oh yeah? Well, I bet that I'll be the reason he'll blow up," he said, a challenging tone present in his voice.

  It wasn't weird when he and I do challenges like this. Our childhood is full of challenges like this along with the others. Instinctively, I leaned closer.

  "Is that a challenge?"

  "It's fine if you back out. It just shows that you can't beat me."

  "If I need to prove to you that I am much more better than you, of course, I have to be in this challenge."

  It was then I realized that our faces were only inches apart, noses almost touching when I felt his warm breath mingled with mine. I cleared my throat as I backed away, Sapnap doing the same. I crossed my arms again, Sapnap copying me. "So, you in?," he said with a cocky smirk. I followed suit. "Oh, I'm in. Are you?"

  "Oh, I'm always in."