22

Heads falling one by one on the ground with their bodies looks horrible enough but I have to watch since I want to look out for them despite them not hearing me and not in a close proximity.

  I could just imagine how their eyes would roll back into their head or how their eyes would just stay open, so soulless. Blood gushing out their wounds and ripped limbs, with hands still twitching. Sick grins still plastered in their faces even though a sword has plunged into their bodies. I can't do this.

  I sighed as I put down the binoculars on the stone rails. Staring back at the feild, they just look like little ants, just carrying torches and swords and death with them. Somehow, Sapnap manages to flee to the other side of the feild, still in his killing spree although much more calmer than before.

  I took back the binoculars and pointed it where Clay and George are. Wounds are covered judging by the little white cloth to where their wounds should be. While they're busy fighting off a little wave of pillagers, a huge pillager stealthily creeped towards behind them, simply shoving anyone who runs infront of him.

  "Eek! Clay! Behind you!"

  Now obviously, he didn't hear me but the soldiers did outside my door. I yelled an apology at them before whipping my head back to my brother. The moment I landed my eyes onto him, he deflected the sword with his axe and starts fighting the huge pillager with George by his side.

  With them fighting back, I can't help but make comments... which isn't helping nor necessary.

  "Behind you!"

  "Back!"

  "Spin around!"

  "George, not that way!"

  "Wait! No, Clay! Stop taunting him, you idiot!"

  "Ey! No—yeah! Stay put you, idiot pillager!"

  "Don't turn around. He's going to stand u—oh my, I told you!"

  "No, Clay! George, do something!"

  "Yes! Suck it, you bastard! Suck that sword!"

  "Princess?"

  Surprised, the binoculars left my hand and fell fifteen feet down and to my horror, someone heard me. I whipped my head around, almost giving myself a whiplash, to see Anne with the most unbothered expression.

  Hastily fixing my posture, I replied "Yes?" with a rather serious–awkward tone.

  "The king wishes you to join him for dinner." Ah, dinner. I forgot.

  I nodded with a straight face, "Certainly," and took huge steps to avoid further embarassment. Of course, dinner after seeing heads falling off. How delightful.

-------

  This is really wrong in so many ways. A dinner with Father beside me in his office with death outside the walls.

  Visions of limp bodies came flooding back in my mind. Dammit, now I have lost my appetite.

  A heavy sigh escaped my lips after I put down the silverware held by my hands. I then felt a hand wrap around mine and my eyes traced it back to my father's troubled face.

  "Is something wrong, dear?" he asked and I only gave him a half-hearted smile. "Well, aside from the fact that we're peacefully eating dinner while a raging war is happening outside, then nope."

  After my statement, he gave me a sigh and slowly let go of my hand as he leaned back to his chair. "Do not think that you're the only one concerned about that, child. I am as worried as you are."