11

"Come on, Y/N. Please~?"

  Sapnap whined behind me. After the midnight chat me and him had, and leaving him with no answer at all, he had been following me for the rest of the day. Whining to give him the answer with those puppy dog eyes that he knows that I'm weak to. Even this morning, he tried to sway me.

  Even when I visited the boys, he waited outside the dungeons to whine which Sam had his suspicions raised.

  I almost told him, but my logic was stronger than my sympathy with this prince and the challenge combined. It was quite amusing to see him so immature again since he always try to look intimidating.

  I smirked a little, "I don't want to Sapnap." He released out a grunt and blocked my path with arms spread out. I laughed a little, "You are in my way." He scoffed, "I wouldn't be if you would just tell me!"

  I laughed once again and stepped beside to walk away. He side-stepped with a pout. The soft moonlight glow illuminating his face. Cute.

  Wait, what?

  "Tell me!," he insisted. "Tell him what?" A familiar voice boomed behind us and I felt my smirk widen a bit. I spun around as I crossed my arms. I saw his confused face which made me snicker. "Brother! What are you doing here?"

  "I live here?" Came out more of a question than a statement. "What you said earlier, what would Sapnap whine about?" The smirk stayed on my face as I looked behind my shoulder to see the Prince of Ignis scrunching up his nose with a pout.

  "It is unnecessary, Clay." I could hear his sinister smile with the little tease. Clay stood unfazed as he stared down at us with narrowed eyes. "Are you even aware that you would turn to formality when you two had the intention of bullying me?"

  I tilted my head sideways to deem confusion, "No, I do not. What about you Prince?" But before the latter could even mutter a word, the tall demon–angel before us spoke with a low tone, "See?," How the hell does he do that?! At first, he would be all innocent and shit but then a second later he's a devil's spawn! "If I ever see you two with those attitudes, I won't hesitate to mercilessly spar you to death." Those emerald eyes that was usually filled with joy, confusion and flusteredness was now filled with wickedness.

  Shit. Fuck. A fuck-up.

  "Overboard, Cornelius. You went overboard." I said while trying to hide my wavering voice. I attempted to pat his arm but when I did, he sent me a death glare. I smiled awkwardly and turned to run away. I desperately tried to hide my closed eyes and pursed lips as I prayed to Notch that I could at least live for tonight.

  I heard Sapnap say "Yeah so, I'm just gonna go~ Hehe," before I heard shuffling, the clinking of chains and a clank! of some metal. A whispered "Fuck!" came out then the clinking of chains came closer to me.

  As I turned around a corner—still running, Sapnap said, "You really left me there huh?" Another turn. "Well, you did leave me with him first so I guess that's fair." I only received a 'hmph' before he ran up a staircase while I ensued running for my life and towards my quarters.

  Finally reaching my destination, I went straight to the balcony to catch some air. The moon shone brightly along with the stars while thin clouds covered some. A cold breeze waved upon me and washed the heat from running earlier. About to sigh, I stopped when I heard a 'whew!" above me.

  With scrunched brows, I looked up and relaxed my tense body seeing that it was only the Prince of Ignis. He looked down and the second he saw me, he frowned and said, "You.." with voice laced with plastic hatred.

  "Me? What did I do?"

  He then jumped off balcony again and landed on his feet wobbily and eventually fell down. I rushed to his aid to see if he had hurt himself only to get waved off saying "It's fine. I'm fine."

  I crossed my arms for a hundred time this day, "That was definitely not fine." He stood up straight and stared at me with a raised brow and a rather amused smile. "Aww, were you worried about me~? Is Y/N damned worried about me? I gotta say, I'm quite flattered."

  "Of course I was worried, idiot. You're my friend." He chuckled. "Now tell me why your knees bucked?" He waved a hand, "Well the adrenaline rush from running from a green demon wore me out, so I hope that's understandable."

  I let out a breathy chuckle at his remark of Clay being a green demon but then again, he's not wrong. I let out a content sigh beside the fire prince. "Hey," he said with a soft tone. I had initially thought Sapnap was about to reminisce old memories due to his tone but it shattered when he asked, "Are you still going to tell me your technique?"

  I should have known.

  Of course Sapnap would say that. It irked me so I closed my twitching eyes with a tight smile, head hung low. I felt his innocent, wide-eyed gaze upon me. Not wanting to ruin that, I answered with a teasing smirk, "Why are you so desperate to know that information?"

  His eyebrows shot up, "What?! I just want to know what Clay's weakness is." I jabbed a finger his way, "You mean just so you could win this challenge."

  He raised his hands in defeat, "What?!" He paused for a good minute. He made a face and shrugged, "Well maybe, I guess you are right."

  I laughed and he joined me seconds later.

-------

  Conversing with Sapnap until midnight was fun but tiring. Wrapping up the conversation, he said, "Well, we really need to get some sleep." I nodded but was baffled when I saw him walking towards my door.

  "Uh, where are you going?" He faced me with confusion. He jabbed his thumb to my doors, "To my room?" He paused, a sudden smug smile appeared on his face. "Look, if you wanna cuddle with me for the night, you could just say so."

  Huh?

  "Ew, no," I said with disgust surely written on my face. "What I meant was why would you use the door when you almost got caught sneaking out of my room last night. People might misunderstand this situation." He opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him, "You could use the vines beside the balcony to get up to your room."

  "Oh," was all he said before going back to the balcony to indeed see vines sticking to the wall. He tugged it to see if it were to snap, "Will it be able to hold me?"

  The vine he tugged on snapped and laid limp on his arm. He deadpanned at me. "That vine you're tugging was thin and dead so of course it would snap," I said with sarcasm. "Don't worry. I've climbed these babies all the time so it's fine."

  "Easy for you to say. You're small and light."

  "Oh my Notch, Sapnap! Can you not see these thick vines?!"

  "I bet these can't handle my big buff body."

  I deadpanned at the prince in front of me who was flexing the muscles on his arms. He looked at my expression and stopped whatever the fuck he was doing.

  "Yeah, I should probably... yeah." was all he said after climbing up the thick vines. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I shook my head.