16

Sapnap laughed lightly, "Yeah, of all the times when—hey! What are you doing?!" He whisper–yelled as soon as he saw me climbing down the vines.

  I looked up at him with an incredulous look, "Uhh, going down fifteen feet below?" The prince then gave me a look as if he's in front of a corpse. "Going down fifteenwhat?! Why?!" he said as he rambled on whilst leaning outwards the balcony, looking at me going down to the ground with my hands securely wrapped around vines.

  Climbing down cautiously, I heard a faint, unfinished 'Oh my go–' followed by the scrunching of leaves and the disturbance of vines above me. I guess he's following me. Just like I wanted.

  Some time passed and my bare feet had touched grass, my loose hair flowing with the wind. The slight dampness of dew made my toes curl beneath me as I heard a 'thump' beside me along with a jingle of chains. My eyes landed on the fire prince whose eyes and furrowed brows are gazed upon the balcony we were previously perched on.

  "Just what are you do—well, we, doing here?," was the first thing he spoke.

  And my only response was "Look around, idiot," followed by a giggle.

  I watched as the Crowned Prince of Ignis took upon the sight and the small world he's engulfed in.

  His whole body slowly went lax as he saw the isolated garden within walls. The variety of flowers and lush trees surrounds the closed area. As if you have traveled to a whole new world, with just an exception that your room is fifteen feet up.

  A small grass path leads to a lone bench that was sitting under a tree, a birch one to be exact. And right where we we're standing, was an open circle of flat grass. The sides littered with mini azalea trees.

  A small breathy "Woah" escaped Sapnap's lips and I couldn't help but mutely giggle.

  "What is this place?"

  "My mother made this place," I started off. "It was our little secret, you know. Girl secrets. That wall over there..." I pointed at a wall that was slightly covered in moss in all of the walls that surrounds the garden. He followed and nodded, "..She said that, that was supposed to be open that leads to the hallways but decided to cover it up after she kept hanging out in this place. So the architects did and somehow... most of the people here forgot about this place."

  I then opened my arms and walked as graceful as a swan around the circle and under the moonlight. The fire prince's eyes on me. "She then showed me this place but..."

  "But not the vines?," he said as he snickered.

  I laughed, "Yes, not the vines. There is a little door by that wall but due to time, the vines and the rust failed to open it." I pointed at the wall where inside, is the long windy staircase.

  "Oooh, where?" Sapnap curiously eyed the vine-covered wall. I tried to hold in my laughs as he failed to find the hidden door within the thick plants, dead leaves and wilted flowers. He faced me with a pout and the cuteness radiated. It is rare to see him using that face so I won't try to stop myself from thinking that.

  "Here," I went close to the vines and pointed at a faint line in the wall, shoulder–high if standing near. The young ruler let out a long 'oooh' as he traced the line, his face nearing mine. I stared.

  A faint scar runs right below his left eye. I remember that. He got that from trying to prove his flimsy baby arms could weild an axe. Of course, he didn't use a wooden one or a lighter one so it resulted cutting his face. Lucky enough, it missed his eye. If it didn't, he would be wearing an eyepatch to this day. The excess of the white fabric on his head flailed before resting on his shoulder.

  Wait, I'm staring. Heat immediately climbed up onto my face. And there goes the blush. I hastily looked away from the clueless prince–king. "Uh... Y/N?"

  "Yes?" I answered not a beat later. Damn it.

  "Your.. uh," he said and pointed to my face, making gestures as he did. I widened my eyes, I scrambled for words to change the unwanted topic. After gaping like a fish, I managed to find a topic to at least steer him away from this unnecessary one.

  "Hey, do you—do you still remember the story of how my mother and father met?"

  Sapnap threw his head back and made a whiny face, "Ugh, yes. Everytime Clay gets an opportunity, he would literally ask for it!"

  Good enough.

  "Everytime actually," I said and playfully groaned after. "He was always excited whenever Mother and Father would do it." Sapnap hummed with a complaining face.

  "I remember us sitting down in front of them, ready for show," he said. I nodded and continued for him, "And then my parents would place themselves with Father being him and my mother as an enemy temporarily." I positioned myself in a mocking fighting stance.

  The fire prince also positioned himself into a fighting stance in front of me. We initiated a playful glare at each other. The prince placed his left foot beside his right and took slow side steps. I followed suit but I went the opposite where he's stepping, our hands gripping on nothing but imaginary swords.

  "And then he attacks," he mutters before jumping at me.

  As we did fight playfully, we both made sounds like how blades clashes on one another, like how blades would sound when it blocks one of its kind. Sapnap was kind enough to go easy since I never really bothered to learn sword practice. At times, I regret the decision.

  As I played my father's role, Sapnap slowly mock weaken as I approach him with flailing arms while he tries to deflect the make believe weapon. Throwing the sword away from his reach, I stabbed him to death and he played unconscious on the ground.