Chapter 3 - Business or Pleasure

Tod's eyes planned some devilment, clearly, but I could also see a hint of vulnerability as he waited for my answer

Tod's eyes planned some devilment, clearly, but I could also see a hint of vulnerability as he waited for my answer. It surprised me, even as heat surged through my body, curling my toes with the intensity of my interest in everything his invitation suggested.

"Yes, I'd love to spend the rest of today with you," I said. And night too.  

I wasn't interested in any kind of real relationship after my ex-financee's nasty games. There was no way I wanted to deal with something like that again. 

But a smoking hot fling? 

Now, that sounded like the perfect solution to my prolonged sexless stretch. After two years of keeping men at a distance, I was fed up with doing without. It seemed Tod was of a similar mindset, if his flirting and invitation were any indication. He was aware I was only in London for the week.

Plus, the man definitely knew his way around the female body. Oh my gods. If the orgasm he'd given me was a demonstration of his skills, sign me up for the full lesson. 

Tod smiled, his expression lighting at my answer. As the plane made its final descent, we settled the logistics of getting to the event and my hotel afterwards, then discussed our favourite breakfast foods. Although we agreed on eggs, bacon, sausage, and shredded potatoes by the time the wheels bumped down, we were in a heated debate over the merits of grilled tomatoes, baked beans, and black pudding when we finally pulled up to the gate.

"I might be willing to try black pudding," I said skeptically.

"I'll make it worth your while," he teased, nibbling on my fingertips.

"Perhaps, but there is no way I'm eating baked beans. I've always hated beans!"

He laughed as he tugged me to my feet. "We'll see."

Tod stepped out into the aisle, taking his suit jacket from the flight attendant with a polite acknowledgement. Unrolling his sleeves, he buttoned up the cuffs and put on his jacket. Despite the hours in the air, he appeared so damn good I wanted to jump him.

Much to my chagrin, he caught me devouring him with my eyes. I glanced away as I lifted my backpack to my shoulder. 

He reached in to take my arm and help me out into the aisle. As I stepped in front of him, he leaned down, brushed the hair off my neck, kissed below my ear, and said in a deep, low voice, "If you don't stop looking at me like that, I'm going to haul you off into the airplane bathroom to fuck you until you can't walk."

The tremor that rippled through my body made me catch the seats on either side to keep upright. Tod growled against my neck, and I bit my lip to stifle a whimper. God, maybe I should have joined the mile-high club. 

On uncertain legs, I set off down the aisle, with his hand a brand on my lower back. I nodded at the farewells of the flight attendants, ever conscious of Tod behind me.