Chapter 9 - Asgardian Mead

"Seriously, holy shit Shannon! Where did you meet Mogroddine?" Richard asked

"On a flight."

I wasn't about to tell them it was only forty-eight hours ago. I could hardly believe it myself. It seemed so much longer, given all that had happened. Still, if I was going to have a fling, a hot sex god certainly was a brilliant choice. It wasn't like a god would want anything long-term with a mortal. I tried to ignore the twinge of disappointment that caused and pushed the feeling away. I couldn't afford to feel like that. It was too much. Too risky. I needed to just enjoy the fling, the fantasy of it.

"That was some of the hottest damn dancing I've seen outside of a movie. Hostia puta! It was fucking with your clothes still on. I don't know how the rest of us are still standing. That is some insane chemistry between you two," Jason told me.

Heat flushed my cheeks, and I knew I must be crimson.

"Have you seen the hickies he's left on her? Damn, so jealous!" Kristen teased as she fanned herself with a grin.

"What hickies?" Jeff asked. "Proof! We're scientists. We want proof!" He laughed at my expression.

"C'mon, Shannon. Let's see!" Mark teased.

"You guys are so juvenile," I huffed, embarrassed.

Too warm with the drinks and the number of bodies in the hall, I removed my jacket, laying it on a stool under the cocktail table.

Loki returned with an amber bottle and a stack of shot glasses.

"Who's juvenile?" he asked with a smile, as he put the bottle and glasses on the table, standing slightly behind me.

"These idiots!" I waved at my friends. "They are overly interested in my love life. You'd think they'd never seen a hickie before." I rolled my eyes.

With a half smile, he hooked his finger in my cowl neckline, pulling it towards my shoulder. "What? These little love bites?" He kissed my neck, right on the bite mark as my friends hooted.

"You're an exhibitionist," I managed to say, biting back a moan.

"I have no embarrassment at others seeing how deeply you have claimed my affections. It gives me great satisfaction to see the marks of our passion on you," he told me. "I'm not showing off the love bites on your thighs. Those are just for me." His voice was a possessive brand in my mind as his lips moved against my neck.

I knew he could feel how my pulse had leapt at his words, the sexy bastard.

Drawing back, he smirked. "For your reward, I brought enough for your friends to have a shot as well. But, I'll warn you now, it is not to be trifled with. It's incredibly strong."

After pouring a round for everyone, including himself, he capped the bottle firmly and handed them out.

We lifted our shot glasses.