Chapter 29 - God of Dance

Once again, Thor and Loki held their arms out for me and led me into the feast hall, through the corridor of Asgardian elite

Once again, Thor and Loki held their arms out for me and led me into the feast hall, through the corridor of Asgardian elite. They smiled, nodded their heads respectfully, and those further back cheered when we passed through them to get to the royal family's table. After Odin and Frigga took their seats in the centre, Thor, Loki, and I also sat. It seemed to be the signal for the rest of the room to sit.

"Let the feast begin!" thundered Odin's voice. Servers entered with large trays of food.

Mist and Kara had been invited to sit at our table across from us, which I greatly appreciated. Despite how welcoming everyone was, it was nice to have a few people I was familiar and comfortable with. Kara's quick wit was often a source of amusement during weapons practice, while Mist was teaching me to hone my skills.

"Have you met my friends Röskva and Sigrdrifa on the training pitch, little sister?" Thor asked, as he introduced the two Valkyrie sitting beside Mist and Kara.

"I haven't had that pleasure." I nodded to each of them.

"Sig and Rös are fierce foes on the battlefield. We've fought together many times," Thor said.

"Meh, Rös isn't that tough, Thor. She just looks pretty while doing it," scoffed a silver-haired, blue-eyed man on the other side of Thor.

Röskva rolled her eyes. "Ignore my idiot brother, Princess. Thjalfi wouldn't know fierce if it smacked him upside the head."

I laughed when they told me they were twins. They looked nothing alike, but they certainly argued like siblings.

Thor introduced the last of his companions seated with us, Vidar, who was also in the Einherjar with Thjalfi. He was quiet, not as boisterous as the other three. The close friendship was apparent through the stories of their battles together.

"Quicksilver," I said, as it finally came to me where I'd seen Thjalfi before.

Thjalfi's head whipped around, eyebrows raised and eyes wide.

With a laugh, I continued. "I'm right, aren't I? But Rös doesn't look like Wanda." Röskva had long, gorgeous blond hair, instead of auburn, and her face was more rounded, with fuller lips than the leaner-looking Beth Olive, the actress. It was like seeing a relative of Wanda's.

Curious at the apparent difference, I looked at Loki for confirmation. He smiled. "My clever girl. What do you think Röskva's abilities are?"

The possibilities were interesting, as I considered what Mist had told me regarding elementals in the Valkyrie and what I could do with my elemental powers.

"Can an earth elemental change their own appearance the way I manipulate plant growth?"

Thjalfi smiled as he nodded. "Our princess is very clever, not just beautiful. Damn, but you are a lucky bastard, Loki."