2: LOVE MEETS KID DANGER AND CAPTAIN MAN

All around me, people are murmuring quietly to their friends or just the random people around them

All around me, people are murmuring quietly to their friends or just the random people around them. The chatter fills the silence between my own friend and me, but it's not like I care that much. Even if we're best friends, Erika and I don't talk that much when we're on the job. To be honest, we don't talk that much when we're together at school, either, but I guess that's our relationship. It gets a little lonely when she's editing photos of the different museums we go to and I am contacting other museums about our little service. Gil isn't much of a talker with me, either. 

This is yet another job that Erika, Gil, and I agreed to do together, and we've been talking about doing this since we got to high school three years ago, so it's not like we have to speak every time we're together. Anyway, this job is going to be easy and quick: head inside, take some pictures of the Neal Diamond and some other things at this museum, head out. Done. Easy peasy, lemon squeezey.

I glance around the area, taking in the sights of the people. Many are dressed up in their best outfits, which is understandable since the Neal Diamond is on display here at Swellview's Museum of Jewels and Stools. One particular woman with dark hair looks bored and angry as she stares down at her phone, but there's an undeniable gleam in her eyes, like she's up to something. Maybe it's nothing, though. Who am I to judge?

A scream tears my attention away from the woman with the dark hair. I frown as I scan the crowd behind me, trying to figure out the source of the scream and subsequent sobbing. My eyes lock on a man and woman arguing together; the woman is the one who screamed and now is crying loudly and obnoxiously, with snorts and huffs. This woman can honestly rival Vera, my niece, when she doesn't get fed fast enough. I can hear her yelling at him about how she put a lot of energy into their relationship just for him to break up with her over something silly.  

Erika doesn't bother looking up from her phone to see what the commotion is around us, which sort of annoys me. Every man, woman, and child are looking at this woman break down, even the dark-haired woman. It's like Erika doesn't even care about anyone else. She's much too focused on texting Gil, who couldn't make it tonight because he was forced into dinner with his grandparents. It's like Erika doesn't even care that she's with me tonight.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket, so I quickly grab it, switching it on. The crowd around me grows silent, even the crying woman, and with a quick glance around, I notice that they're all on their phones as well. My first thought is how weird it is that everyone is on their phone, but then I realize that it's not weird at all. Well, it's weird to me since there's more to life than being on your phone, but for these people, it's not weird. That's the whole point of my job, though, being on my phone and posting on Envygram about the museums in Swellview and the areas surrounding it.

And that's when the crowd roars to life around me, all besides one woman with blonde hair. In the dim streetlights, I see everyone edge closer to the front doors of Swellview Museum of Stools and Jewels, pressing around Erika and me. Policemen start roaming around the area, and the one closest to my little group says, "Did you hear that Captain Man and Kid Danger are going to be here?"