Chapter 9

Nova Lux's POV.

"I hope you're not making this a habit Itsuki" I say, yawning.

It's currently 4am.

Sora Itsuki is standing outside of my door dripping wet from head to toe, while I stand in my bonnet and bathrobe.

Why he is soaking wet?

Hell if I know.

Why is he standing outside of my door?

I'm about to find out.

And the reason better be good, for him to be waking me up a whole hour before I actually need to be up.

He takes my hand and I stare at him shocked.

His hands are freezing!

Where has he been?!

"I need you! Well- I need your help!" He corrects himself, blushing.

I look down at what he's wearing.

Has he been to a party or something?

He's all dressed up.

"What could you possibly need help with at this time?" I ask, as calmly as I can.

"The move you showed me yesterday. I think I got it nailed, but something is missing and I'm not gonna be able to sleep if I don't get it figured out right now" he rambles out all at once.

Before I can respond, he continues.

"I know it's late. And I know it seems trivial. But I really want to get this right and make you proud. And prove that you're not doing everything for nothing. And I want to actually learn and devote myself to-"

I cut him off by grabbing his face and making him look at me.

He looks just as shocked as I feel.

"Calm down" I say, more to myself than to him.

He looks at my lips, then quickly back to my eyes.

He's embarrassed.

But I've caught him looking already.

I regard him for a minute.

Does he want me?

Or am I imagining it?

"Come inside. You're soaked and you will definitely catch a cold like this" I tell him.

He nods and silently comes into my house, taking his shoes off and following me through the living room and to the bathroom.

"Take a shower. I'll put your clothes in the dryer. I have some spare towels and I'll find something for you to wear." I say to him.

He nods.

Before I can say much else, he starts to strip down, giving me his clothes.

My breath catches in my throat, but I keep my composure.

He moves to take off his underwear and I look away, excusing myself from the bathroom.

I go into my laundry room to find him a clean towel, trying not to think about the fact that his underwear was sticking to him like a second skin.

It hasn't rained this evening, so what could he have possibly been doing?!

I go back to my bathroom and I knock on the door to let him know that I have a towel for him to use.

He opens the door slightly and I give it to him.

He grabs it and closes the door.

What will he wear?