Chapter 26

Happy Valentine's Day NJ Gang ❤️
                          ***

Nova Lux's POV

It's the last week before Sora's first fight back and I'm in his regular gym watching Kane train him.

I looked around when we first walked in and it looks like Sora is an even bigger deal than I anticipated.

All of the students came to greet him at the door, talking about how much they missed him and how he had better not have been slacking off.

They then noticed me and all thoroughly thanked me for training him, which I didn't expect.

A couple of them asked for my number, which Sora shut down immediately and he shooed them all off before turning to me.

"I'm nervous" he admits, taking my hands.

I shake my head.

"Don't be. You've done so well" I praise and he smiles back at me.

"Want to give me a kiss for good measure, before we go in?" He asks hopefully.

I grab his shirt, pulling him close and kissing him.

He hugs me close and tries to deepen it, but I pull away, making him sigh.

"Just so you know, you're all mine once this match is over" he pouts.

I peck his lips and dig my nails into his shoulder, making him stifle a soft groan.

"If you win, I'll give you anything you want as a reward" I say.

"Anything?" He asks.

"Yes" I respond.

He stands upright.

"I'll raise you one." He says boldly.

"Oh?" I ask.

"If I win this match, I want you to meet my family. Officially. As my girlfriend." He says.

My heart thuds in my chest.

"Okay" I respond, before I can stop myself.

He smiles down at me and brings my hands to his lips, kissing them softly.

"Now all that's left to do is win, huh?" He asks.

I nod, feeling shy.

He smiles and pulls away, going to the changing rooms.

I make my way to the training room and I look around.

The smell of sand, sweat and chlorine fills my nose and if I wasn't trained by some of the best, it would throw me off.

I look around for Kane and I spot him watching a sparring session.

I walk up to him and he turns, sensing my presence.

He smiles all big and pulls me in for a hug.

"You stink old man!" I groan and he hugs me tighter, laughing loudly.

He pulls away and punches my cheek.

"Thank you for your help kid" he says, with a soft grin.

He motions to his office and I follow, closing the door behind him.

"Can you see the improvement?" I ask.

Sora came here a couple of days back to grab something and Kane put him on drills just like that.

Kane nods and looks at me thoughtfully.

"I thought you'd eat him alive to be honest" he says and I shrug in response.