07; flyer

setting the omelet inside your mouth while you were enjoying the tranquil environment of eating in the classroom, heizou went to get some drinks for both of you

until a short purple-haired girl slapped both hands on your desk, and you anticipated the look of disbelief on her face.

"you've got to be joking, right? about dating heizou?" she asked, her eyes strained at you, waiting for your response.

heizou reappeared with both drinks in his hands and a cocked head to the side, just as you were ready to open your lips, he spoke "is there a problem?"

setting down your strawberry milk in your desk and he was going to move over to his seat when abruptly sara yanked him by the collar.

you stood up from your seat, your eyes opened at the deed, and you wanted to rebuke sara right away. however, you restrained yourself when you spotted her irritated look.

"break her heart, and i'll break every bone in your body, am i clear?" she warned, her grip on his neck tightening and making him gasp before responding.

"i'm not the sort of guy to do anything like that."

as you sighed and returned to your seat, the answer was enough to let sara release him. "that was pointless," you said as you saw heizou collapse into his chair.

"don't forget about your first relationship with scaramouche which ended in jeopardy." sara pointed out, but then added in, "take care y/n for me heizou, i'll be headed off now."

sara ultimately went away without waiting for your response, leaving you with your mouth open, ready to respond, but the girl had already faded from sight.

heizou, on the other hand, saw your troubled look after chewing his food. "don't worry about your friend; she's only concerned about you, and it's obvious she'll be ok as long as you're happy with me," he stated.

the female in front of him simply blinked before letting out a giggle. heizou looked perplexed, as though he had said something incorrect or amusing.

"how come you're laughing?"

"your insight astounds me," you said, causing heizou to roll his eyes. he brought up, "then it's obvious who's the better partner here."

"oh please," you retorted as you stabbed one of the omelets with your fork. "you can ask anyone around and it'll most likely be me."

you pushed your omelet in his mouth as heizou was about to say something sarcastic when you observed a specific dark-indigo-black haired girl enter the classroom.

as xiangling approached the two of you with a stack of documents in hand, the auburn-haired boy sneered at you.

you gave her a grin and addressed, "is there anything we can assist you with xiangling?"

the girl smiled at the two and handed them a flyer, which she swiftly explained.

"since you know, our sports festival is approaching, and we've created some new games to play, one of which is the lovers game. since you two are the power couple on our campus, we're wondering if you two would want to participate, as there will be various prizes during the hardest rounds."

heizou and y/n exchanged glances, both having a nasty feeling about the occasion, especially because it would be all about that couple shit would do. it's much more difficult because they've never actually liked each other.

"about that-" you swallowed your saliva till heizou cut you off and nearly threw you off. "we'll take part; we can't let such a good chance pass us by, right?"

he fixed his gaze on you, grinning from ear to ear as he persuaded you to accept. while xiangling remained there perplexed, you grumbled and kicked his leg beneath the table, eliciting an 'ow' from him.

frowning at him, you focused back on xiangling and grinned at her, "he's right, we'll be anticipating this challenge."

"great! we're so eager to watch the two of you being together!" xiangling exclaimed, "i'll be leaving right now, and the information is in the flyer, so good luck to you too!"

before fleeing the room, the girl flashed a peace sign, leaving the couple alone once again.

just after the girl let them be, y/n crossed both of her arms and trusted that the boy will make sense of.

heizou sighed, thinking to himself of how foolish are you to not see this amazing chance for both of you. "look, this will persuade others of our love; my friends are already skeptical of how quickly our relationship is progressing, especially since half of them know who you are."

after a little moment of stillness, the e/c-eyed girl was deep in thought before making a choice. "all right, if we lose badly, i'll blame it on you."

with that, you rose from your seat and grabbed your belongings in preparation for cleaning up after lunch. heizou, on the other hand, smiled and stated.

"i assure you that won't happen; you're fortunate to be dating me."

you answered shortly after, without bothering to offer him a glance, "more like i'm unfortunate to be dating a nuisance."

END OF CHAPTER 07

chapter written: june 3 2022